• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M59 and M342, what are the stock differences?

Eaglhawk

Could someone tell me the stock differences in the M59 and the M342? From the limited, low-res pictures I have found on the web they basically look the same. I have one that I picked up from GSA but at the moment I am not sure which one it is, but I do know that it has the multifuel turbo in it. I will be heading out to the yard today to install an alternator that was stolen out of it when it was in the GSA auction yard....
THX, sorry all... I have been gone from the forum for a while, I have been overloaded this last year with work and family medical issues...

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
M59 is short wheel base, different fuel tank, under drivers door if memory serves.
M342 is standard

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
m59.jpg
Here's a picture of an m59. Note the long fuel tank on the driver's side and short wheelbase. An m342 has a longer (standard) wheelbase and a similar but longer bed. The fuel tank on an m342 is on the passenger side, with the air tanks on the drivers side. Since you said it had a multifuel engine it's more likely to be an m342 or m342a2 as I've never heard of any m59 trucks changed over to multifuels (but that doesn't mean it never happened).

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also worthy of noting, bed capacity is the same. The M342A2 bed is longer but has lower sides.

Eaglhawk

Thanks for the info, mine is a M342. your pic of the M59 is cool... I like how short it is. I looked 9 years to find mine at a local GSA yard... I paid $4500 for it, the deuce trucks are the only big trucks that can make it up my mountain road. I have a few 5 ton dumps at the bottom but they are too big and bulky for that upper road while a deuce just slowly putts its way up to the top fully loaded.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I may still have some troop seats if you decide you want some. Got any pics of the truck? Not too many around.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks