• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M59 purchase

BFVSM91M

Original gasser not running but apparently ran 2 years ago. She's been severely "farmer fixed" but I think all can be undone and it put back to stock fairly easily. For now Probly just do a full service on it as far as fluids, filters, etc, any leaky seals, fix any wiring, replace hardtop with correct one, and finally replace all the missing pieces and get it running. Won't do any major work like rip the cab and clip off or even paint it right now, just need to get it running so I can put it to work. I read a couple other m59 threads and everytime it's brought up the term " rare" keeps appearing, is it rare/desirable? I'm planning a repower but not for awhile down the road, I will however keep the original parts if I ever sell it or make it completely original again. Otherwise can't find too much info on them. What's the big difference from m47, m59, m342?

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M47 has singles, M59 duals both short wheelbase, M342 had the standard wheel base.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats! You must be stoked!

Keep us supplied with photos and stories regarding the process of getting it going. We are a visual group!

Rick

BFVSM91M

20160627_165918.jpg

I haven't taken many pics of her lately but she runs, drives, and dumps! She just don't stop yet lol. Still need to collect a couple more parts and I can get it road worthy.
The list includes:
Tires(might rob the 177s off the 925 but I'd have to put the 925 on blocks until I can afford the singles for it)
Install driver door
Install mirrors
Install front signals and tail lights
Figure out a seat(could steal spring seat out of 925 cuz that's getting air ride eventually)
Fix exhaust
Install front driveshaft
Play with wiring(i have 98% of a Multifuel truck harness I'm going to install and splice the couple wires needed for the gasser)
Seal a couple small cab leaks for now until I can get the correct top I have for it fixed and painted.
Replace driver windshield.

This is only to get out going down the road, not finish it, not make it look nice as that will come later when I move hopefully this winter where I'll have a better place to work on it. For all intents and purposes I'm working on it outside so I'm a slave to the weather so I can't tear it totally down yet. All in all she's not that bad, I've seen much much worse lol. I'm no body man so I'm glad it has a straight solid body, the rest is cake. The biggest hurtle will be getting it painted maybe this winter but could take longer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks