• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M6 Rolling Wheel Liquid Transporter

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Didn't know where this shoulda gone, "Other Aux Equip" or here, I chose the latter!

Here are some pics of an M6 rolling gas trailer. All of the hoses are there, I believe it is complete, holds 1000 U.S. Gallons. We have no TM on is so I do not know if this required a pump to fill or extricate the fuel from it. Guess I could do some research on it though.

Kind of a different "vehicle".

Fuel.jpgfuel7.jpgfuel8.jpgfuel1.jpgfuel2.jpgfuel4.jpgfuel6.jpgfuel3.jpgfuel5.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Didn't know where this shoulda gone, "Other Aux Equip" or here, I chose the latter!

Here are some pics of an M6 rolling gas trailer. All of the hoses are there, I believe it is complete, holds 1000 U.S. Gallons. We have no TM on is so I do not know if this required a pump to fill or extricate the fuel from it. Guess I could do some research on it though.

Kind of a different "vehicle".

View attachment 919588View attachment 919589View attachment 919590View attachment 919591View attachment 919592View attachment 919593View attachment 919594View attachment 919595View attachment 919596
Wow!

And it even has a "pintle" so you could haul a second one behind the first...
Air Brakes - or "air connected" for sure.
Looks like you have all the parts you would need to pump out the fuel.
Wonder how you fill those balloon tires?

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dunno if I would trust the tires, they are checked pretty bad. This thing is 2 years younger than I am and I am sure the tires, bladders, whatever they are called are original! I can find nothing on this on the interwebs

biscuitwhistler37

That's got to be one of the coolest things I've ever seen. If I had to take a guess, I'd say one port on the wheel is fill, the other is drain, definitely wouldn't be putting fuel in it, if the outsides are that bad one can only imagine what the bladders on the inside look like. Maybe @Guyfang or @Migginsbros can shed some light, to me it looks like something a unimog would pull to an aircraft in a hurry. In its retirement I would fill the bladders with water and use it as a yard roller 😆

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ChatGPT says:

An M6 rolling gas trailer refers to a type of military equipment used to transport compressed gases, typically for various operational needs such as fueling vehicles, aircraft, or other machinery. The "M6" designation suggests that it is part of the United States military's equipment inventory.

These trailers are often designed to be towed by military vehicles and are built to withstand the rigors of combat environments. They can vary in size and capacity depending on their intended use and the types of gases they are designed to transport.

While the specifics may vary, these trailers typically feature sturdy construction, secure storage for the gas cylinders, and mechanisms for safe loading and unloading. They play a crucial role in maintaining the logistical support necessary for military operations in various theaters of operation.

Yeah, Will knows more about it than AI. ;-)

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
TM 55-2330-203-10-1
TM 55-2330-203-15
TM 55-2330-203-25P
LO 55-2330-203-20
TM 10-500-1

Thats all I could find. Got two more places to look, but thats slim.
Any chance you could haul those down from your magic stash?
I did a quick web search and came up empty...

I did discover a $34.00 download for a "TRANSPORTER, LIQUID, ROLLING WHEEL TYPE, 1000 GALLON, M6"
called MIL-T-46743 (Printed in 1962). Also found mention of a Drawbar Assembly MIL-D-46760 that was released in October 2, 1973.

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
Wait, those tires are for compressed gas??!!
Says Fuel Cell on it. I dont think thats for gas
1711054635792.png

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I also found a LeTourneau Rolling Liquid Transporter.
Designed to transport fuel for Operation Willow Freeze.

1711055954603.png

And I found a manual... Of sorts... It was a mission to evaluate the Transportation Corps in a winter maneuver in 1960-1961 supporting two battle groups participating in the exercise

Attachments

Last edited:

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also found a LeTourneau Rolling Liquid Transporter.
Designed to transport fuel for Operation Willow Freeze.

View attachment 919610

And I found a manual... Of sorts... It was a mission to evaluate the Transportation Corps in a winter maneuver in 1960-1961 supporting two battle groups participating in the exercise
That is so funny! I actually searched for "Highway Products Incorporated" and, there IS a company, out of Or. named that, that manufacturers fuel transfer products! I contacted them, a very nice lady answered, we chatted, I sent 3 images off to her as well as a link to this thread, and she sent me a link to the website that Mullaney linked!

We don't really NEED the TM's, but, with the afore posted links, I just might do some reading up on the piece.

Thank you GF!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wait, those tires are for compressed gas??!!

Maybe, who knows what crazy stuff an engineer would come up with. Pumping Nitrogen into it after filling with something liquid would help on unloading it as well as the aformentioned dual bladders.

Hey, it's interesting and that is what counts as I'm sure no one would try to use it anymore. Except maybe @chucky . I could see him towing it behind a tours bus....once. :LOL:

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe, who knows what crazy stuff an engineer would come up with. Pumping Nitrogen into it after filling with something liquid would help on unloading it as well as the aformentioned dual bladders.

Hey, it's interesting and that is what counts as I'm sure no one would try to use it anymore. Except maybe @chucky . I could see him towing it behind a tours bus....once. :LOL:
Oh ye have little faith ! You cant be scared of life you gotta get out there and push some boundaries ! And thats no where near as dangerous as what is going on IN THE TOUR BUS ! Like the bumper sticker said ! (Dont laugh mister your daughter might be in here !

Guyfang

Staff member
At my age, gotta take your laughs where and when you can!

You guys take care and be safe. Chucky, remember the PPE. I will be dropping out of the net for a few days. Going to Garmisch for my 70th. The real reason is because the Grand Kids will be 15 klicks away, and my wife hopes to run off with them.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter

You guys take care and be safe. Chucky, remember the PPE. I will be dropping out of the net for a few days. Going to Garmisch for my 70th. The real reason is because the Grand Kids will be 15 klicks away, and my wife hopes to run off with them.
LOL You are exactly right ! Like the song says IF YOU CANT BE WITH THE ONE YOU LOVE ( LOVE THE ONE YOUR WITH ) Be safe and HAPPY BIRTHDAY !

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Happy Birthday @Guyfang !

dog-funny.gif happy-birthday-cat.gif

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks