• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M60 Mount?

dabtl

My kid got an M60 yesterday. He is wondering if there was a M60 mount for the M35. If so, what is it and if you have one to sell, how much?

CanonNinja

I've 240/243's mounted on the ring before, so I'm sure there is... where to find it, i'll let someone else answer that for me, because I have no idea.

tell dave to call me today

FreightTrain

Banned
dang,Where you shopping?I see them on Ebay all the time for around $500 for the ring.See the legs on the net for around $250-300.The Cradle is usually only around 200-300.Thats only $1100 for truely everything except the cab re-Enforcement kit which aint' hard to make if you know someone with a truck that already has them.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FreightTrain said:
dang,Where you shopping?I see them on Ebay all the time for around $500 for the ring.See the legs on the net for around $250-300.The Cradle is usually only around 200-300.Thats only $1100 for truely everything except the cab re-Enforcement kit which aint' hard to make if you know someone with a truck that already has them.
Plus shipping! Most e-bay people jack the shipping way up...

sermis

Ok here are some pic's of the legs and ring mount. The legs I have may not be a matched set as I collected them over some time but they look simple enough.

Attachments

dabtl

I will need to look at them and take more photos. Perhaps my friend can come down with me for a look see.

I will take the ring. It might be a couple of weeks as I am going out of town next weekend to La. and to Ft. Chadbourne the next.

But, we will get there.

vtdeucedriver

Wow, too bad I did not catch this. To mount a M60 on the deuce, he did not need a ring mount!!!!! I have seen a modified mount in pictures from Vietnam where the mount just uses the one bracket up front. It was a pole with a offset piece for the socket and the gun sat there. Would have been a cheap and easy option.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a ring on Craigslist in AZ. $1100.00 Globe AZ.
That one doesn't include legs. These things aren't light so you're talking big money to start shipping them around the country.

A couple of sales ago there were a bunch of deuces in OK that had leg sets on them. All the ones at DRMO at Ft Sam are set for mutilation due to being part of a "weapons platform." Makes a lot of sense cutting up pipe just because a ring mount was on it at one time then selling the same pipes as part of trucks in a different state.

66bug

Banned
Was just checking a 1919 Forum. A guy just paid 1,800 just for a ring. The ring was from Crane Tech. When i talked to the guy he wanted 2,200 for the ring and legs. Use to see them on Ebay and Austin always had a few in stock. But they seem to be drying up the last few months and going for about 1,800+ for the ring and legs and nothing else. A few sales ago a few 2.5 tons in Iowa had the legs but no rings. Still 1,100 is not bad because where you going to find a guy who will break a complete M66 just to sell you a ring? Shipping will cost you. But hey you want one you have to pay.