• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M60 Mount?

dabtl

My kid got an M60 yesterday. He is wondering if there was a M60 mount for the M35. If so, what is it and if you have one to sell, how much?

CanonNinja

I've 240/243's mounted on the ring before, so I'm sure there is... where to find it, i'll let someone else answer that for me, because I have no idea.

tell dave to call me today

FreightTrain

Banned
dang,Where you shopping?I see them on Ebay all the time for around $500 for the ring.See the legs on the net for around $250-300.The Cradle is usually only around 200-300.Thats only $1100 for truely everything except the cab re-Enforcement kit which aint' hard to make if you know someone with a truck that already has them.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FreightTrain said:
dang,Where you shopping?I see them on Ebay all the time for around $500 for the ring.See the legs on the net for around $250-300.The Cradle is usually only around 200-300.Thats only $1100 for truely everything except the cab re-Enforcement kit which aint' hard to make if you know someone with a truck that already has them.
Plus shipping! Most e-bay people jack the shipping way up...

sermis

Ok here are some pic's of the legs and ring mount. The legs I have may not be a matched set as I collected them over some time but they look simple enough.

Attachments

dabtl

I will need to look at them and take more photos. Perhaps my friend can come down with me for a look see.

I will take the ring. It might be a couple of weeks as I am going out of town next weekend to La. and to Ft. Chadbourne the next.

But, we will get there.

vtdeucedriver

Wow, too bad I did not catch this. To mount a M60 on the deuce, he did not need a ring mount!!!!! I have seen a modified mount in pictures from Vietnam where the mount just uses the one bracket up front. It was a pole with a offset piece for the socket and the gun sat there. Would have been a cheap and easy option.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a ring on Craigslist in AZ. $1100.00 Globe AZ.
That one doesn't include legs. These things aren't light so you're talking big money to start shipping them around the country.

A couple of sales ago there were a bunch of deuces in OK that had leg sets on them. All the ones at DRMO at Ft Sam are set for mutilation due to being part of a "weapons platform." Makes a lot of sense cutting up pipe just because a ring mount was on it at one time then selling the same pipes as part of trucks in a different state.

66bug

Banned
Was just checking a 1919 Forum. A guy just paid 1,800 just for a ring. The ring was from Crane Tech. When i talked to the guy he wanted 2,200 for the ring and legs. Use to see them on Ebay and Austin always had a few in stock. But they seem to be drying up the last few months and going for about 1,800+ for the ring and legs and nothing else. A few sales ago a few 2.5 tons in Iowa had the legs but no rings. Still 1,100 is not bad because where you going to find a guy who will break a complete M66 just to sell you a ring? Shipping will cost you. But hey you want one you have to pay.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks