• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M62 in South Carolina

dmetalmiki

Great for parts

Loads of good spares (expensive ones!) on that "543"!..You should get it. If you do, show us the "got it home" trip with pics. Good luck.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In its current state it may be worth saving. May never drive again but you could plant it as is for a yard crane.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is mine, and it will be restored.

Clint, you're going to be the last Steel Soldier to get a wrecker....

It will be one **** of a recovery, when the guy says, "You'll need to bring a chainsaw":driver:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Its not weather its an M62 or 542 or 816, its the fact that it was saved, good job O.P.!

If there were an argument, it would be Austin/western(m62) bed or Garwood(others) bed. Those are your choices.

Too bad Clinto, maybe you'll get a model wrecker for Christmas.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going down Tuesday to attempt to get it running. I will also plan my recovery from there.

More like "I just bought a wrecker, how do I check the brake fluid?"

lol

Don't worry, there will be tons of pictures and video uploaded, I promise. anyone in the area that wants to ride along or meet me there, shoot me a PM.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just drive it home!