• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M62 WRECKER/ RECOVERY Ops FILM

I found this on youtube and hope some of you may enjoy this instructional military film on the operation of the M62 Wrecker (this is very basic so you know).:-D

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jovlIA0Vs5U&context=C3bea929ADOEgsToPDskI7bKbIrbX642aQM2ZhCrzO[/media]

Last edited:
A

A/C Cages

I love these old videos, they follow the KISS rules and any idiot should be able to understand them.

KISS= keep it simple stupid

dmetalmiki

Winching instruction Error?

Film Shows Release tensioner Lock IN ( DOWN) winching OUT. The Cable Tensioner should be in the RELEASE (UP) position to winch out.

For a training film it is rather ambiguouse, as The "review" at the end does NOT make it clear if the the proceedure is the winch OUT or Winch IN Stage.

In any case the operator shown is paying out but lifts and drops the lever in one movement. (Down in) (remember this as at the stage when the review shows "cab controls engaged (to pay OUT prior to winching a load/trecovery IN"" THEN ENGAGE rear controls to pay out.

Just to to be absalutely clear so that anyone (not in the know) operates one of these machines correctly.

Looked at this a few times still think this is the case. IF I interpreted this incorrectly, feel free to comment, just shows how difficult the "interpretation is?" OR I need some ginseng!

UP = OUT. DOWN = IN. would have been a simpler statement?.

Stan Leschert

Thank You so much for posting that video.
You are now responsible for killing my beer budget for so many years in the future.

My wife may not appreciate this, as now, her wish list could be shortened ....

Ummm , survival instict kicks in, I would love a wrecker,
but I'll have to find a local museum who has one, and will let me play with it!

dmetalmiki

PTO wear

Actually the "clutch" for the crane and rear winch is on the back deck. Sometimes people collecting a Wrecker have thought "wow bad deal" no clutch! to be advised (hopefully!) the air pressure build up on start up and running De-Clutched the gearbox!. What a relief that must turn out to be im sure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks