• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M62A2, what engine?

madsam

I was wondering what engine the M62A2 has? I thought it was a multy fuel turbo, but was not sure.

madsam

Does it have a turbo?

Moving over 30klbs with a multy seems slow.

I know moving it with a 250 is slow.. so how slow are these?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A multifuel wrecker has no power if it has an overdrive transmission. The only way to go IMHO is with the direct drive tranny. Your top road speed will only be 46 mph or so, but at least you'll be able to shift into 5th gear!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, the multifuel 5 ton motor is turbo. Most, if not all, are whistlers. As a matter of fact, I don't think I've ever seen/heard a 5 ton multifuel that was not a whistler.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the LDS ended up with a "C" turbo that would seriously bring it's power output down. It should have the wastegated turbo on it. Witch will wistle just as well. But move alot more air.

jatonka

M62A2

I don't think there is an M62A2. There are M62s that have been converted to Multifuel engines, but they are still M62s. The Multifuel engine is a LDS 465-1A, in a 5 ton. They dont whistle much at all. They do produce some horsepower. Some. I have several 5 ton Multifuels and they dont sound like an M35A2 with a LDT 465 1C whistler turbo at all. JT

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: M62A2

JATONKA: I had an M543A2 that whistled pretty well. I don't want to say that it whistled like a deuce with a C motor, but it definitely whistled more than a deuce with a D motor.

By the way, above I said the motor was an LDS4651C, I meant to say "1A" as JATONKA has correctly pointed out.

joeM62

well there is a M62A2 Jatonka because there are 3 verison of the M62 gasser, M62A1 mack,M62A2 multifuel and there are manuals on it don't know if the multifuel had a turbo or not you'll see more gasser and multifuel than the mack thou, these 3 where in the testing phase to figure out which motor would be best to the M62, not to sound like a jackass since i had old yella, I found more info on these trucks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks