• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M656 8X8 on GSA, just closed

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, who just joined the "Mover" M656 club . . . Closed a little while ago on GSA. The annual Texas Forest Service auction at Lufkin, TX. That truck and a M756 pipliner deuce were the unique items, everything else was yuck.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 656 was at $3000 an hour before close. It was complete and unmolested. The pipeliner's bed was hacked up somewhat and no gin poles or 20K rear winch, was at $1100 an hour before close. I had to chain myself away from the computer to avoid the inevitable.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now if only our favorite M656-series owner Bjorn would put those tires of his tractor.....

Sorry Bjorn, but cheap originals just aren't out there. Gotta complete the truck with some newer, and safer rubber....:-D

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Watched it all week...glad it went for more than scrap price. :)
Would have loved to have the funds to bid on it, lots of details intact, so it probably wasn't used that much.
Looking forward to sharing my experiences with my own 757.

The tire size for the truck is 405/70-20. Top speed is 50 mph, so ag tires my do. IMHO, it looks best with original NDCCs, but very hard to find.
I may have an extra cab top for it......the frame, not the vinyl....

Tackettr

So... Unless I missed something, new owner is yet to be established???

Westfolk did as requested provided pictures.

Who is the proud new daddy? Or mommy???? :-D

Stalwart

I drove mine today, took a prospective buyer for a ride, he wasn't ready to try it himself but he liked it a lot. It was fun driving the old girl again. Too bad so many of the 300 went to the smelter, they are an awesome truck. The guy seemed to be really impressed with the ride unladen and the good turning radius. I hope the white one from GSA goes to a good home!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks