• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M66 Gun Ring Reinforcement Plates Are Here.

dabtl

See TM 9-2320-361-24P, WP 237 for the drawing.

These are extremely close to being duplicates of the original. The u-bolt holes might need a bit of a touch up with a grinder for authenticity freaks.

$100 each, plus shipping from 76201

I will post pics tomorrow.

dabtl

I started from an original I had in the garage. These are not painted, so you can put on the color of your choice. I do not believe you can find them at a lower price. If the first dozen sell out, I will make more.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
wow, that looks great!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Technically, it's called OD Semi-Gloss 24087, but either way it looks great.

Forgive me, I'm not too familiar with the M66 installation kit, although the thought of installing one eventually has crossed my mind. Is this a rear cab support? Does anyone have a pic of one installed in their truck? Just trying to visualize where it goes....

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The origional was one of mine. You cant find them anywhere else, I had 32 from a single source that took 2 years to find. I have 1 left that is for my truck. They sold on ebay for up to 300$. If you are even thinking about one, buy it now 100$ is a STEAL. can't be found anywhere, glad to see someone is making them. :wink: (by the way will fit 800 series)

jwaller

I have several pics of it installed in both my trucks. these things help the trucks stiffen up even if you dont have the ring. 100 rivets goes a long way. also dont forget the plate that goes on the top of the back of the cab where the old hard top used to go. you should have both of them.

dabtl

hndrsonj said:
The origional was one of mine. You cant find them anywhere else, I had 32 from a single source that took 2 years to find. I have 1 left that is for my truck. They sold on ebay for up to 300$. If you are even thinking about one, buy it now 100$ is a STEAL. can't be found anywhere, glad to see someone is making them. :wink: (by the way will fit 800 series)
The originals had some surface rust as if they were stored outside for a long time. I got mine early on from you. It sat a while but I was up at RAPCO one morning when Mark indicated he wanted one also. It seems there is no supply available other than the batch you found. So, I leaned on a client who has a fabrication shop to make some.

I have been in a trial now for about a week and have not had time to figure shipping or even how to ship.

I believe you shipped them with a shipping label pasted to the brace and shipping was done by UPS?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
sanded a spot and put a piece of tape covered paper down. DHL is by far the cheapest way to send them.

dabtl

I can have another dozen or so made fairly quickly if there is a demand for them. Currently, I have only one for my own use.

dabtl

I kind of settled on a price of $150 including shipping. It was too much of a hassle and always the shipping brought the price into the $145 to $155 range for the most part. So, I put a little in on one and kept a little out on the other and save a bunch of time.

No one has complained about the plates or the shipping costs. I guess I could weigh one and calculate the shipping to a designated spot, but it sure seems likely to add more time to the deal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks