• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m66 gun ring - what is this on the ring for ?

rrrr

I looked through the TM's and posts and didn't find anything about what this is on my gun ring. I believe its to hold the barrel down on an M2 but I can't find anything on it or where I might get the parts for the hold down. Anyone ?

I would really like to get the parts but can't locate a source ?

Attachments

flyusn99

M66 barrel clamp

I'd try SECO, Southeast Equipment Co. Ask for Roy Smith. He's been able to come up with every part I've needed for my M66 (like the felt gasket that goes between the mount and the mount base). Might not be cheap but he can usually find exactly what you want.

James

rrrr

Called SECO and talked with Roy, no luck without the part numbers. I've gone through the TM's and can't find the part numbers for the barrel lock or even pictures that show the front mounting leg with the two mounting points.

Any help with finding the TM with the part numbers would be great, thanks.

combat32

I looked through the TM's and posts and didn't find anything about what this is on my gun ring. I believe its to hold the barrel down on an M2 but I can't find anything on it or where I might get the parts for the hold down. Anyone ?

I would really like to get the parts but can't locate a source ?
That is where the barrel clamp bolts on, I have went through about 15 M66 rings in the last couple of years and had one that had it, wouldn't be hard to fab it up.My buddy has one on his ring I will try to get a pic.

suggsdr

Ring mounts are in the t.m. for mounts unless it changed.It was back 09 when I retired.I will find out tomarrow.I worked on smallarms for the guard so It fell under our shop to repair ring mount tripods etc.

rrrr

Ring mounts are in the t.m. for mounts unless it changed.It was back 09 when I retired.I will find out tomarrow.I worked on smallarms for the guard so It fell under our shop to repair ring mount tripods etc.
I found the ring mount in the tm's
TM 9-2320-361-24-2
but it didn't even show the barrel clamp or any part numbers.

cruzinz28

I have pictures of the barrel clamp coming from Joe Trap. As soon as I get them I will post them. I have everything mounted on my ring mount as well, but will be fabricating a barrel clamp for mine too. If it ever stops raining here in Maryland I'll get pictures postred of my truck on here as well

rrrr

I have pictures of the barrel clamp coming from Joe Trap. As soon as I get them I will post them. I have everything mounted on my ring mount as well, but will be fabricating a barrel clamp for mine too. If it ever stops raining here in Maryland I'll get pictures postred of my truck on here as well

Thanks !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks