• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M66 ring seat cushion , brass deflector

flyxpl

I bought a M66 ring and it came with a good seat back cushion and brass deflector . I was going to look into having some of these made since I have some rings that do not have these . I am sure the more I have made the cheaper the guy could make them . Trying to get an idea how many of you would be interested getting this stuff made . after I come up with a number I will look into cost . The brass deflector looks simple . The back cushion is a little more complicated .

I will take them to upholstery shop here in a few days .

Attachments

Last edited:

jwaller

I have been able to find originals for both mine but it took years. You should be able to sell these like hot cakes esp on ebay. I have set more backrests and brackets without the covers so maybe I should buy a few to outfit them and resell them.

put me down for 1 of each.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have found 10 or so brass catchers in decent shape and only a few cushons. They all go very fast when put up for sale.

dabtl

I kind of follow Austin Aviation in looking for M66 parts. Rarely does a cushion appear. When it does, sold quickly.

I made a couple of dozen of the cab reinforcement plates and sold them quickly. Another member made more and sales were also brisk.

I suspect there is a market for 50 or more of the cushions and brass deflectors.

jwaller

I kind of follow Austin Aviation in looking for M66 parts. Rarely does a cushion appear. When it does, sold quickly.

I made a couple of dozen of the cab reinforcement plates and sold them quickly. Another member made more and sales were also brisk.

I suspect there is a market for 50 or more of the cushions and brass deflectors.
exactly what he said, you make them and they will come.

flyxpl

This is a site I keep an eye on also . I have never seen a cushion for sale , so they must go fast . I see the metal portion of the seat back often and brass deflector brackets . One thing I need to clarify is I plan on getting the fabric part of the brass deflecter made , and the seat back cover and cushion only . Guys will need to have the metal part of the seat back ( wich I see on Austin Aviation all the time ) They will also need to spring that gives the brass deflector shape .