• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m715 carb

ktm25089

Hello from Greece
We have here a M715 and we need a good carb to run the engine.I cant find a good carb and i want to ask if i can fit something else except the standard military?Some holley maybe?

Thank you very much
George

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The standard military is a Holley, that carb was used on lots of other things in the 1960's and is not a bad unit. Kits are available and cores as well.

Welcome to the site. You guys in Greece have all the nice US surplus . . .

ktm25089

You guys in Greece have all the nice US surplus . . . :-D:-D:-D

And we are trying to collect them for the years that come to have spares.!!!
Can i ask what type of HOLLEY carb this engine have?And can i fit a kit that is designed for civil carb use??

Thank you
George

Last edited:

Kwai

Holley 1920. Memphis Equipment has the rebuild kits.

Be sure to set the float level as per the instructions. It makes a big difference.

A bad coil is the most common reason the 230 ohc doesn't run. Also, you might find you need to rebuild the fuel pump.

Last edited:

ktm25089

Can anyone please tell me what is the correct fuel pump pressure?To see if i need to rebuild the pump?
Thanks
George