• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M715 Tornado survivor

pacebm

I will post some pictures tomorrow but I just had to share my M715 story with all of you. I have a '67 with CUCV axles, NP205, SM465, and a 427 tall deck. Yes, I know the purists hate it but I bought it that way so it is not my fault.

My parents were hit by one of the Alabama tornadoes on April 27th and it destroyed every building and automobile that they owned. My 715 was parked in the one of the barns because my girls love to ride around the property in it. The barn was completely destroyed and a large part of it was laying across the bed of the truck. When I went to the barn I just figured the truck was a goner. I pulled debris away with the tractor and uncovered the front of the truck. Windshield broken and soft top bows are smashed. I moved more stuff out of the cab and started it up. It drove out from underneath all the wreckage with no dents! I folded down the windshield and we have used it all over the place for clean up. I will be on the lookout for some soft top bows but other than that she is good to go (besides the windshield). They just don't make them like they used to. Old iron and especially OD iron is hard to beat.

91W350

That 427 ought to be enough to take the bounce out of the front end. The classic lines of the M715, loved them when I first saw them in 1967 and never got over it. I am glad yours survived. Glen

kvflyer

Maybe that tornado saw through the hood and saw the word "Tornado" on the valve cover. Got scared.

But seriously, I am sorry for any damage you or your neighbors experienced. I can think of two things that you can't stop... Wind and Water.

Glad you are OK...

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will post some pictures tomorrow but I just had to share my M715 story with all of you. I have a '67 with CUCV axles, NP205, SM465, and a 427 tall deck. Yes, I know the purists hate it but I bought it that way so it is not my fault.

My parents were hit by one of the Alabama tornadoes on April 27th and it destroyed every building and automobile that they owned. My 715 was parked in the one of the barns because my girls love to ride around the property in it. The barn was completely destroyed and a large part of it was laying across the bed of the truck. When I went to the barn I just figured the truck was a goner. I pulled debris away with the tractor and uncovered the front of the truck. Windshield broken and soft top bows are smashed. I moved more stuff out of the cab and started it up. It drove out from underneath all the wreckage with no dents! I folded down the windshield and we have used it all over the place for clean up. I will be on the lookout for some soft top bows but other than that she is good to go (besides the windshield). They just don't make them like they used to. Old iron and especially OD iron is hard to beat.

Maybe the good lord has a plan for you to help others in need. God bless you and good luck. If there is anything I can do to help out just let me know.
Don

Last edited:

lindyp38

thank god only material things were damaged....and no persons were hurt......

my car suffered hail damage from last weeks storm, which did produce one tornado here......

we dont get them much...but seems lately.......they have been showing up...

davidkroberts

you can bend your own bows out of 1" electrical conduit. I did it on mine and it worked fine.

Sorry to here about the damage but am estatic that the damage was limited to buildings

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks