• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m725mike?

m715mike

@67Beast - Your timing is impeccable! I just learned yesterday from @hambone what litter racks are.

Yes, my M725 has the litter racks. The truck was full of junk (and a couple treasures) when I got it, so I don’t have good pictures of the interior yet. I’ll get some more pictures posted in this thread.

m715mike

Today went better than expected. Not only did the M725 fire-up, but I got to drive it! This may sound a little strange, but we had to give the Ambulance an I.V. drip to make her healthy again (you'll see below).

I really appreciate @texas30cal and @Nitrodiver and @Madmedic for coming over today and making this happen!

After giving the truck a good inspection, we replaced the batteries and sprayed the carburetor with cleaner. We also changed the engine oil. The engine had too much oil and it smelled like gasoline.

IMG_2148.JPGIMG_2130.JPGIMG_2151.JPG

Using a small external fuel tank, the Ambulance fired-up and ran great... on 3 cylinders!

IMG_2160.JPG

Here is a video of the first start in 7 years. I know we said 4 years in the video, but I was later corrected.

At that point, a run to Harbor Freight for a $20 spark plug cleaner was in order. Since we were out, we stopped for Mexican food, but then it was back to the Ambulance. It was a bit tricky getting the spark plugs and wires out. We obviously didn't have the right tools. We were not getting a spark on cylinders 1, 3 and 6. The HF cleaner took care of that and the 3-cylinder engine became a 6-cylinder!

IMG_2154.JPG

Ok, now back to the Ambulance I.V. With the truck running good, it was time for a drive. We needed to secure the external fuel tank above the carburetor. @Madmedic had a military I.V. pole with him (come on, really, who leaves the house without one?)! So, we secured the military I.V. pole to the brush guard and, well, hung the I.V. @texas30cal said it best, she needed fluids...

Nitrodiver

It was a good day. We have all set out to accomplish something with our MV’s in one day. More often than not you only get maybe half of that actually accomplished due to set backs. Today not only did we meet our goal, but we exceeded that goal. B would be proud to see it moving under its own power again.

With all the first starts I’ve done. I am still surprised how quick she fired and how well it ran right off the bat. Once the power was turned on!….

An ambulance running on an IV is hysterical!
Also MV of the month worthy IMHO.

Madmedic

Today went better than expected. Not only did the M725 fire-up, but I got to drive it! This may sound a little strange, but we had to give the Ambulance an I.V. drip to make her healthy again (you'll see below).

I really appreciate @texas30cal and @Nitrodiver and @Madmedic for coming over today and making this happen!

After giving the truck a good inspection, we replaced the batteries and sprayed the carburetor with cleaner. We also changed the engine oil. The engine had too much oil and it smelled like gasoline.

View attachment 877514View attachment 877513View attachment 877515

Using a small external fuel tank, the Ambulance fired-up and ran great... on 3 cylinders!

View attachment 877517

Here is a video of the first start in 7 years. I know we said 4 years in the video, but I was later corrected.

At that point, a run to Harbor Freight for a $20 spark plug cleaner was in order. Since we were out, we stopped for Mexican food, but then it was back to the Ambulance. It was a bit tricky getting the spark plugs and wires out. We obviously didn't have the right tools. We were not getting a spark on cylinders 1, 3 and 6. The HF cleaner took care of that and the 3-cylinder engine became a 6-cylinder!

View attachment 877516

" had a military I.V. pole with him (come on, really, who leaves the house without one?)! "

I keep the I.V. Poles next to the laws rockets in the tool box ("I mean who DOESN'T keep Laws Rockets in their trucks? **John Ringo**) and you forget to tell them about the M2 HB I keep in the backseat, with my trauma kits and portable Oxygen. (Once a Wooo=Wooo ALWAYS a Wooo-Wooo) THAT"s why I'm the Maaaaaad Medic!!!

Attachments

TheQuaker

I enjoyed your YouTube video. I immediately had to check for the red lenses on the interior light above the rear doors — and yep — mine is missing. Lenses aside, I’m rather pleased with what I’ve got.
@m715mike

Does this look like a certain lens you might be interested in? Not perfect but it cleaned up good and is in really good shape. This one is currently mounted as my night-vision safe interior light in my 5-ton.

I actually have two of these light assemblies I stumbled across a while ago and thought they would work good for in-cab lighting for my girls. I will dig up the second one I have squirreled away in one of my parts bins, compare the lenses and send you the best of the two.

It's not original to either of my trucks so no great loss to me but I know it will make a big difference for your restoration as they are not common parts.

Shoot me a PM with your address and info and I will get one in the mail to you in the next week or so.

1661814035006.png

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks