• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M756A2 is finally home.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had to take the little brackets off the bottom and took the handles off as well. There is supposed to be a piece of sheet metal angle on the backside top of the battery box. It was completely gone. Its purpose is to keep the box square. I'll see if I can dig up another one. Glad it got there safe.

Rattlehead

I wonder if there is room for a knucleboom behind the cab of a 5 ton tractor? Or perhaps adding a boom and a 5th wheel to the 1' longer chassis of a 5 ton cargo? I really don't like the idea of a 215" wheelbase of the tractor/wrecker combo truck, the deuce has a large enough turning radius as it is!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You would have room to add a k-boom on a 5 ton tractor if you lose the tool box and spare tire carrier. With a 5 ton cargo you could add all the tractor stuff and the k-boom. As a matter of facr, you could att the k-boom to a deuce cargo and make it into a tractor too.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The knuckleboom on my deuce requires 24 inches of clear frame.
Removing the propeller shaft between the two rear axles will reduce the turning radius by 5 feet or so.

Rattlehead

Thanks for the input. Just this morning in traffic, I found myself sitting next to a commercial tractor with a nice, heavy knuckleboom behind the cab, and towing a flatbed trailer. They are probably not all that uncommon, but it just caught my eye this time as I was just thinking of this setup. Now, if it were camo'd and had a front drive axle, I would have been drooling all over myself!

I am thinking 5 ton for the added power available with the Mack or Cummins, leaning toward the Mack. I just wish they had airshifts in the older trucks. I really wouldn't want an automatic as in the 900 series.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would think you could swap to the 900 series transfer case. I know folks like John Winslow have 900 series parts trucks.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I apologize in advance, I don't want to take the discussion off topic. However, I wanted to steer Rattlehead to a discussion about a possible air shift conversion? to the older 5-tons.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/DotNetForum/default.aspx?f=68&m=16655

and

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/DotNetForum/default.aspx?f=68&m=9169

I want to try this on my truck, but it hasn't made it up the priority list yet.:shakehead:

I have some industrial 24V pneumatic valves (not military) that might work. I'd be happy to send you one if you want to try it.

Ok, my apologizes again for the interuption. Back to the discussion- "M756A2 is finally home" (Those pipeline and knuckleboom trucks are awesome)[thumbzup]

Jeff

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks