• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M756A2 Pipeline Truck Arrival

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw that truck when it came up and even had someone lined up in MT to hold onto it for me. I could not pull the trigger due to so many purchases this past year. Now, after seeing it, DD, I wish I could have snagged it from you! :cry: Great score on a rare truck. I love the 4 color camo when it is clean and this truck looks basically unmolested! Congrats!

hwcurtice

The M765A2 arrived today,. John at the Forestry Service threw in an extra tank with pump. And, it's full of diesel. The bed pockets took 45 minutes of pounding to get them up. It's missing a few parts but is in excellent overall condition. Engine is a 1D w/whistler.

It's missing the sheave with the hook, but came with one without the hook. It should work without the hook just a little more effort to get the boom over TDC. Really have not had time to examine it closely yet.

I'm considering taking it to Papago behind the wrecker.

So, I have a question. A couple actually. This is actually a modified M35A2, to be a crane truck? Its still a 2.5 ton truck, right? Modified is a vague term. It was built this way, I know. It just happens to have the booms, which makes it a M756A2.

Correct me if I'm wrong....

I ask cuz there's one local and the guy is listing it as a 5 ton. Doesn't really look big enough for that...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, I have a question. A couple actually. This is actually a modified M35A2, to be a crane truck? Its still a 2.5 ton truck, right? Modified is a vague term. It was built this way, I know. It just happens to have the booms, which makes it a M756A2.

Correct me if I'm wrong....

I ask cuz there's one local and the guy is listing it as a 5 ton. Doesn't really look big enough for that...
If you were to refer to it as a modified truck it would have been an M45A2. Earlier pipellines were in fact that but the last run were factory assembled with the 756 designation.

5 ton, kinda! Like other deuces it was rated for 5 tons on road. There were prototype 5 ton pipeline trucks but the odds of finding one are worse than winning the powerball, twice. I have a pic of one.

hwcurtice

If you were to refer to it as a modified truck it would have been an M45A2. Earlier pipellines were in fact that but the last run were factory assembled with the 756 designation.

5 ton, kinda! Like other deuces it was rated for 5 tons on road. There were prototype 5 ton pipeline trucks but the odds of finding one are worse than winning the powerball, twice. I have a pic of one.

Well, it does look a lot like this one that started this thread. It has the 6 bolt rims, which I thought were only on the 2.5, not the 5 ton.

So how rare are the M756A2?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
if it's 6 lug, it's a deuce pipeline truck. How rare? There are a few floating around. I can think of about 12 to 14 of them unless Jack's has a lot full of them. Many of the unique parts are usually missing. Out of the ones I'm aware of, I can only think of 3 that have the A-frame trunion.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
if it's 6 lug, it's a deuce pipeline truck. How rare? There are a few floating around. I can think of about 12 to 14 of them unless Jack's has a lot full of them. Many of the unique parts are usually missing. Out of the ones I'm aware of, I can only think of 3 that have the A-frame trunion.
I didn't remember seeing any at Jack's but I did not see everything. I would guess he has a couple. Tomlins had two REALLY nice ones. I believe they are now at Boyce.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a SWEET truck! It's beautiful! I'm with Maddawg, that 4-color paint looks great and is in awesome condition.

How's it looking today?

No.2Diesel

Hi,

I'd like to see that pic of a 5-ton Pipeline prototype truck Recovry4x4. (I'm sure others would too) That would be neat to see. The same concept I imagine just longer bed/bigger winch and capacity...

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Army Motors had a great article about the development of the pipeline trucks, starting with the CCKW and going through the Reo series. The 5 ton pictured above was in the article as well.

No.2Diesel

5ton Pipeline

Hi,

Wow thank you for sharing that Recovry4x4! Great picture. I've never seen that article, I must be missing alot by not getting Army Motors. That's kinda how I was picturing it in my head.

Anyone know what Issue No. / Year that article appeared?

Thanks again.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
It was written by David and I'll try to find the article when I get home.

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have 1

HI I just got on this site n saw this,I have same trk here in CA navy green no rust but do need some pts 4 it.

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HI No.2 ok will get some pics n see how to post here too.
My profile pics is of my M756A2, right front on dash of 91 intgera.
How do i post pics and want ads too?

steve

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
need

HI forgot to say what i need.

The head board and slats at front of bed. (was stolen)
The tail gate(was stolen)
Cgo top,some bow corners.
All m756a2 only bii items.
The civ style lights(BO DRIVE ONES) most and reg ones too.

all items needed are 4 the m756a2 only also.

thank you
steve
OIF III VET

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
there was a M756 at Aberdeen sale 10 years ago, VERY rusty and had 90,000+ miles showing!!! had a big window in the block also.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks