• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M756A2 Pipeline Truck

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chris, there are 2 spacers that go under that winch. You don't have them because I do! PM me an addy and I'll try to get these out to you!

Kevin, check your truck for the following components. These are the goods that are almost always missing.

Attachments

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Chris, there are 2 spacers that go under that winch. You don't have them because I do! PM me an addy and I'll try to get these out to you!

Kevin, check your truck for the following components. These are the goods that are almost always missing.
Pm on the way. Why do you always have to post that pic Kenny? You know it gives me pipeline envy!! rofl

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys,

Sure, no problem with the help on parts. I'll be doing an inventory of what's there once I see it. Chris, Chad, Jeff, I'll work with you on the parts that need to be examined and with any other help I can provide.

The recovery is going to be a challenge, I have no plans to drive this one home (at this time). We'll just have to see.

From the pictures it's a truley amazing truck. It'll have a good home.

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I was considering going 3k on it but then I remembered it was in the neather regions of the country where that white stuff falls and stays for weeks I kept myself in check.
FT figured the miles for a recovery from my LZ at about 4200 round trip.
As much as I would have loved to have it I:

(1) Have too many projects.

(2) Have too many projects.

(3) Have too many projects.

(4) Don't have the money to give it the restoration it deserves.

By the way...our resident MV expert told me it was easily worth 4k in it's present condition so our fellow member got a good deal if recovery doesn't eat his lunch.

FreightTrain

Banned
Huh?You can never have too many projects?!?!?!You can have too little room but not enough projects.....but then again,I live in the ghetto,Own an army truck,and an arsenal....I can always get more room......

waayfast

Hey Kevin---I talked to the contact guy on the phone--he told me the winch behind the cab is still in cosmoline-looks to have never been used--cool, glad one of us got it. Jim

TacticalTruck

Hey guys,

Sure, no problem with the help on parts. I'll be doing an inventory of what's there once I see it. Chris, Chad, Jeff, I'll work with you on the parts that need to be examined and with any other help I can provide.

The recovery is going to be a challenge and potentially expensive, I have no plans to drive this one home (at this time). We'll just have to see.

From the pictures it's a truley amazing truck. It'll have a good home.
Thanks. I can copy the parts at my shop www.commercialtoolanddie.com. Don't forget to tell the trucker that version weighs 18,000 lbs.
Jeff

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
GSA is the place to buy from, besides no added auction fees the SF97 is included no charge also. However sometimes the S/N and year on the SF97 :beer:are wacked and don't jive with the ones on the truck. That has happened twice to me out of the Heartland GSA, but no big deal I just called the GSA office talked to the contract officer and had corrected ones within a week. Great save!

yorkgulch2

Is there a way to tell if it has lockers without jacking it up and turning the wheels? Like a tag or stamp? I think there was a post talking about id'ing the lacker axles but I can't find it.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
There would be a bulge on the side of the pinion at the top of the axle. Look for "locking axles" in post from M35tom. Should have good pics.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimp, those would be the Norwegian axles. The pipelines had Detroits, no way to tell by looking

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
No M44 series has (had) lockers that I am aware of, other than the rarely seen Norwegian Deuces (M621's?).

Only 6x6's I can think of that had them were USMC M809 series trucks... and cargo trucks at that... a USMC M816 wouldn't have lockers, would it?

Chevytruck

Where is this GSA place? :?:

cant find it when i search for it!!?!?!?!? :evil:

can someone PM me the link? :-D

nice bridge truck by the way (sorry for the hijack)

oilcan

No M44 series has (had) lockers that I am aware of, other than the rarely seen Norwegian Deuces (M621's?).

Only 6x6's I can think of that had them were USMC M809 series trucks... and cargo trucks at that... a USMC M816 wouldn't have lockers, would it?

Don't know about a wrecker, but I worked on an 817 dump that had 'em.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I can think of 2 maybe 3 pipelines that had them. We need to get Chris to confirm if his Dad's has them. Keith Boda (the guy that got my hard parts) has the sister truck to it and his certainly does have Detroits in the back. Both are Seabees trucks too however my Seabee pipeline did not have Detroits in the back. I can find no documentation what so ever on any deuce having them so your mileage may vary.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks