• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M756A2 Purchase

oldmx

I have made the plunge and purchased my first military vehicle. I picked up an ex-fire department M756 for a good price. The truck is complete with a very fancy wood top that was built to replace the canvas one. The bed appears to be 50-60% there but I will most likley go the cargo route since I would use it more in that configeration. The interesting part is that it has a Perkins engine instead of the multi fuel. Somewhere in its past there must have been an engine swap.

The truck appears to be rust free and very red and well maintained. I will now begin the search for a metal top, cargo bed and winch. I will post photos once I recover it.

Mike

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I totally forgot to bid on that one. You got a good deal on it. Looks like the winches are missing? Hard to tell from the pictures though.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was hoping someone here from SS would save that one! When I saw it, the auction site didn't have the pictures up yet. Anyone have a few?

oldmx

The winches are missing they were traded to a farmer for a 10,000 gallon water tank that had been on the truck. Kind of excited to bring her back too bad it will be sonething other than a 756 configuration.

Mike

oldmx

The main reasons for not returning this to its original condition are the cost to obtain the needed 756 parts, and my need for a cargo truck. I don't have alot of funds to throw at the truck so I am going to focus on mechanical and utilitarian aspects for my restore.

Mike

No.2Diesel

Hi,

Welcome and congrats on the purchase and good luck with the recovery. Please don't scrap the bed or any of the M756A2 specific parts. Take plenty of pictures of it.

I'm sure you'll have plenty of interest in the bed... forum member fredocorleone recently acquired an F.D. modified M756A2 that does not have the bed. He's the perfect match for your bed. He's just as far away from you (VT) as I am but it's worth a try contacting him. I'd be interested in it as well.

oldmx

One of my many faults, according to my wife is that I do not get rid of anything. If I decide to not go the 756 route for sure, the bed will be taken off and stored. I will get some good photos of whats left of the bed and post them after I recover it.

Mike

3dAngus

Mike,

Why not consider advertising it for trade for a M35A2 in better condition. Someone may bite.
There are people out there that would like a M756A2 for restoring, rather then trying to restore a M35A2. And you may end up with a cargo truck that is a heck of a lot less work.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I second what Angus said. It's gonna be a lot to restore what you have into a cargo truck - just trade it for what you want. I'm sure it will be easier than you think to find an interested person here!

oldmx

I will post photos of the truck once I get it. I do not want to over sell its condition prior to inspection. If someone is interested in it as a 756 and has a M35 they want to swap I might be open to this. I understand that members would like to keep this truck original and I respect those feelings. I am not looking to butcher this truck up unless it has no value as a 756. So hold on and we will see what interest there is in it once I can fully present it.

Mike

oldmx

Karl and I are going to recover the truck on Monday the 8th. I will be taking my GoPro with to get some live footage. I will post photos as soon as I can.

Mike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks