• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M76 Otter pics and information

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site M76.

If you have items for sale, you must list them in the Classifieds. You also must be a paying Premiun member to do that.

For Sale or For Trade items are not allowed in the regular forums.

Trackiron

I think I still have the TM - Ill check tonight. I also just found an Otter in California that has the rear cab cut off(Pickup style). Guy that owns it does not do email, text or computers. You will have to be able to go there in person if you want it. PM me if you are serious.

Indian Diesel

That would be great....I had issues with the Magneto and after taking that apart multiple times I retro fitted a Chevrolet HEI Distributor to it and got it started. I took the fuel pump apart and cleaned it then disassembled the fuel Distributor and cleaned it but cant seem to get the timing right......it runs but not as it should. Any TM"s would be helpful . What are People using for Track Belting?

Trackiron

Like the use of chevy HEI. THere are mag rebuild guys out there but thats clever. Tracks of these are some of the easyest out there to replace. Go to WWW.EXTREAMEHAGGLUNDS.COM and watch the video "track building". This type of track works on snowcats and other vehicles too. Its the cheapest/eaisiets way to build track. I never found good otter track left - too low of production to have lots of NOS spares.
Key to track building is prestretched or used rock conveyer belting. If you try new belt that is not stretched - your track grows and will go out of "timing" witht he sprocket - This is an expensive lesson.

Tires were my problem with M76. I found a bias ply trailer tire that was close but never bought one to try it.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shoot!
I didn't even know we had an Otter thread.
I remember seeing a couple of them for sale in the PDX area.
Thanks for posting all of the info and pix.
Seems like a nice addition to a land/water fleet.
A duck, a goat and an otter :)

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If anybody is looking for a parts Otter in conus, PM me, there is one near me that was used as a playground structure and is available for purchase I think. It has bad track and has extra holes cut in the sides.

TundraWookie

Well, after weeks and weeks of reading and contemplating, I ended up buying two M76 Otters. One's a runner and one is a shell.

Looking to bump this thread and maybe connect with the ultra illusive group of owners. Looking to learn more and source parts, like all the other owners!

Bradym114

Well, after weeks and weeks of reading and contemplating, I ended up buying two M76 Otters. One's a runner and one is a shell.

Looking to bump this thread and maybe connect with the ultra illusive group of owners. Looking to learn more and source parts, like all the other owners!
Apparently, the other otter owners are shy and don't want to talk. I seen the 1 I'm assuming you bought for sale on Facebook. looked like a damn good machine. Parts are pretty hard to come by. Tracks will have to be made. Up in Alaska there are quite a few of them still around so you will have a better chance of finding parts then we do in the lower 48.

TundraWookie

If it was the one and only one on FB for sale in Alaska, that is probably mine the one with shark teeth on it. Well travelled machine but my conversations with the owner were the selling point as well as all the spares and the parts rig. Looking to slowly amass what I need to make the second one a runner. I'm already overwhelmed with projects so this is going to reshuffle my life significantly, and eventually I'll hope to have a shop big enough to fit it!

On top of the great conversations and extreme detail that the former owner offered, just seeing how hard these are to find at all, made we quite excited to get my hands on one!

Bradym114

If it was the one and only one on FB for sale in Alaska, that is probably mine the one with shark teeth on it. Well travelled machine but my conversations with the owner were the selling point as well as all the spares and the parts rig. Looking to slowly amass what I need to make the second one a runner. I'm already overwhelmed with projects so this is going to reshuffle my life significantly, and eventually I'll hope to have a shop big enough to fit it!

On top of the great conversations and extreme detail that the former owner offered, just seeing how hard these are to find at all, made we quite excited to get my hands on one!
Defiantly keep us updated on your progress! My guys have been hounding me all year to get ours in and get going on it. I need to start working on getting the belting for the tracks found and holes drilled.

TundraWookie

Defiantly keep us updated on your progress! My guys have been hounding me all year to get ours in and get going on it. I need to start working on getting the belting for the tracks found and holes drilled.
Yes, I'm looking forward to cleaning her up and getting familiar with her. I have a ton to learn, found a bunch of manual online and got re-prints ordered. We'll be hoping to take her hunting in September this year, so we'll quickly figure our way into some adventures. She's been modified to hunt, which is my primary intention with her. I'm learning a lot and the former owner has been great to get me up to speed on things I need to know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks