• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M764 Earthboring rig. Worth getting?

Only a month ago a bought my first deuce, and now of course I'm looking at more. I know of this M764 which I could probably get for cheap, the question is, is it worth it. Either for fixing up or reselling. (I'm not to attached to the earthboring part of it). I know nothing about this truck, besides what is in the pictures.

Just trying to get a feel from you all about what you think of it.

IMG_0025.jpgIMG_0029.jpgIMG_0030.jpgIMG_0032.jpgIMG_0033.jpgIMG_0034.jpg

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a use for it now. Buy and bring it over and I'll test if for you free of charge. :)

jasonjc

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had one of these years ago. Thought I could sell it into the foundation drilling industry. They took one look at it and said no way, it has no turntable that allows you to spin the bit to remove the spoil away from the hole. Ended up removing the bed and making a wicked M48A2 tractor leaving the behind cab winch and headache rack in place. Truck sold that way and went straight to Africa for mission work.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sure could use a rig like that, I have several pole buildings getting ready to go up for myself and others, bet I could find a way to use it on the railroad too.

They are a rare truck so I am not keen on the buy too convert but it is your truck after you buy it so do whatever makes you happy!

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A specialty truck without cargo space or multi-use....I would think that while they might get rusty from sitting around, they were not driven much while in service. Perhaps less wear and tear on it.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its one of those things that to the RIGHT PERSON its a priceless item and they are willing to pay a premium for it! To the average guy all its doing is adding to much weight to my Deuce so I cant offroad like I want to! I think its a very cool item but I learned a long time ago that I could have a whole warehouse full of very cool items that I will never use. It would sure be fun to play around with though!
KK

Well I'm certainly intrigued. I'm taking my truck for its first long drive this weekend, so I'd like to make sure that all goes well. Assuming it does I'll investigate this m764 more. Will update if there is any new news.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks