• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M809 5T gun truck concept

L1A1

Hey
I was going to post this in the "5 ton mod" forum but thought that it really didn't fit so then I was going to post it in the "Conversations" forum until I found the "guntrucks" forum which is probably where this belongs.

I was originally looking at images of M923 trucks (to see what one looked like:oops:) when I stumbled across this modeler's website with some actual gun truck concept vehicle photos on it. Acording to the text, this truck was originally fab'd up in Kuwait on an M809 5 ton using an M113 APC hull.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?82502-Modelling-military-vehicles/page56

Interesting isn't it?
Matt

Last edited:

Driver523

That truck I believe was called the Alabama Slammer (getting to old to remember all this stuff)----The build was started and after 6 months they decided it just wasn't worth it, too much work and stuff coming together that was just better armor---personally I'd hate to be in that thing when something got in with no way to get out cept to bounce around till you collect it--------Driver

L1A1

Driver
I know what you mean. It certainly looks like it was a lot of work just getting to the point that we see in the photos. Hull kind of looks like it's just sitting there on top of the 5 ton's frame and would come off if they went around a corner too quickly. Still, it is a pretty cool looking vehicle in it's own light.
Matt