• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M809 Fuel Line Replacement Parts. 10AN 5/8" supply and return. Adapter couplers.

Superthermal

Looking to replace fuel supply and return lines. Are the fuel return lines required to be "smaller" than the supply side?
From what I have read here on SS the NHC 250 pump connection is a 7/8-14 but for the rest the TM lists the connection back on the pickup tube as" "inverted nut tube c." Which if I am cross referencing right is this 1/2" pipe coupler below . The threads look like a 1/2" NPT and I was thinking a standard 1/2"NPT to 10AN adapter would do the trick.
Will that work on this pipe flare fitting? Anyone have luck with a standard 1/2" NPT with some PTFE sealant on it?

Also, I am interested in removing my pick up tube and will inspect it for pitting as can be a common issue with corrosion. If all is good at that point I should be good to go on the fuel supply. Note I am adding a single filter housing that has a standard spin on 1-14 UNS thread with 10AN connections. I will be removing the stock canister filter housing currently installed.

Second part return lines:

I was thinking to buy all 10AN fittings with 5/8" CPE lines. Is the Return connection up at the motor #4 in the pic below the same as the 7/8-14? I could not get the 4730-00-414-5604 NSN to pull up anything descriptive I could reference. The return pipe elbow seems to be the same as the supply. Note all the stock return lines are smaller than the supply... am I going to have an issue using the same size for both?

1672079511598.png1672079607999.png1672081665915.png
1672079900774.png1672081332718.png

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks