• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M809 Series 5-Ton Picture Thread

ScubaCat

If so, I haven't found it. If not, lets start one...These trucks don't get the exposure I feel they should

...Ed

edit: I have updated the title of this thread to show the true series M-number and to use this as the basis for the PICTURE THREAD being sought. USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Last edited by a moderator:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
R
If so, I haven't found it. If not, lets start one...These trucks don't get the exposure I feel they should

...Ed

edit: I have updated the title of this thread to show the true series M-number and to use this as the basis for the PICTURE THREAD being sought. USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Ref post #1 quoted above....

The original title of this thread mentioned the "M8xx" series trucks. This was a misnomer. In fact, such a "series" could possibly include the M880 CUCV type trucks based on Dodge pickup models. The true designation for the M8__ family of 5-TON trucks would be the M809 Series *frame type" as is well described with text AND pictures in this link....

http://olive-drab.com/idphoto/id_photos_m809.php

Hope this helps to clarify things.
John

tobyS

My M817 (sold...looking for another or 939).

Added passenger seat, built console box, new 8D 1400cca bats (perfect fit but must protect terminals), TC TLC, limited rust repair and brush/roller paint...needed tires. I wanted to try the 450 sand tires and 14.00 fronts. Next one I will. My property is entirely sand so I bought some to try on a dump...if I get one again.

Attachments

Last edited:

ScubaCat

Ok....now we're getting somewhere. Thanks to all who have contributed...

Initially I was all hot to trot for a 939 and while still a tough but comfortable truck with more "amenities" the 809 series just looks all business and brutal like. And for the money saved I can do more radical things down the road...and I do love me a manual transmission.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From left to right...
Independence Day, 04JUL16, at Sierra Madre, CA
Memorial Day, 30MAY16, at Los Angeles National Cemetery, West Los Angeles, CA
Edelbrock Car Show, 14MAY16, at Torrance, CA
Sans bed during bed change, 14AUG14, at Those Military Guys, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
7th Annual Wounded Warrior Car Show,10AUG14, at Long Beach, CA
Independence Day, 04JUL14, at Sierra Madre, CA
12MAY12, At Culver City, CA
Culver City Car Show, 07MAY11, at Culver City, CA
Delivery Day, 08OCT09, at Playa Vista (Old Hughes Airport), CA

IMG_0699.jpgIMG_0546.jpgIMG_0445.jpgDropside Bed 08-14 Build and Mount (7).jpgDSC_0110.jpg10379496_313474788828967_3878726789397022043_o.jpgCC Car Show 05-12-12 001.jpgCC Car Show 05-07-11 002.jpg10-08-09 (2).jpg

NovacaineFix

Nice truck! I definitely like the bigger 12.00 tires. What do you have to go with it, trailer wise?

I'm toying with the idea of building a dump bed ag trailer, wide load if on road but low ground pressure.

As of right now, nothing being towed.
I was toying around with the idea of trying to purchase a 5th wheel van body/shop van and convert it to a camper/rv. I figure this way if I go off-roading or camping, I can drag the camper along with me and drop it off a the campsite and not have to worry about setting up tents anymore.

The problem is, trying to find a box that is in decent shape and having the time and money (and a place) to convert the trailer. Currently, I am going through a divorce, so I have to put some plans on hold until the paperwork is finalized.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
My XM818 in the TT and cargo mode. Pulling one of my M146 trailers and with 5th wheel mounted M105 bed.

m146 818.jpg xm818bed.jpgM818.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks