• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M809 starting problems !!! Help !!

M813A1

Hello guys !! I have looked for this issue and have not found much help !! I am having a starting issue with my M813A1 for the last year never had a problem ,then everything dead !! I had driven my truck back in mid August !! So I decided to start the truck over the Labor Day Weekendand run her a bit and nothing .. So I check all of the connection on the the electric , all switchs on, had power to the solenoid and no go on the starter ,I even tried to jumped the solenoid with a screwdriver and no go . that was back on Labor Day !!! I have replaced the starter in the mean time my batteries lost power so I have been recharging the batteries and got 3 out of 4 batteries to come back to life !! When I turn on he power I get movement in the gauges . I tried starting again and just clicking at the solenoid ,so I isoloted the 1 bad battery and try to start again and no go !! I even isolated 2 batteries hooked in 24v and tried to start and no go !!! I am out of ideas to check ?? Anyone have some ideas ?? it may come down to getting 4 new batteries !! Would the Control box be bad even when I am getting power out to the solenoid , I can here the relay and the solenoid clicking when I turn the ignition switch ?? It is a bummer because these batteries are dated Dec. 06 !! Any ideas would be helpful !!! Thanks

Last edited:

M813A1

Thanks DrGreg !! I'll have to get with Warthog and see if he can scrounge up some 6tl's !! He should get back into town this weekend !! This battery problem is a bummer because we are having a workday next Saturday at StreebikeDepot's Place and if I cannot get the truck running I may be out !! Bummer !!

poppop

I only run two in mine and crank fine. I like to run the group 34's I think is what they are with the stainless stud posts. Main reason is because that is what I run in most of my farm equipment and Mack trucks. I like the stud posts because of less corrision and easy to keep tight,

derby

My 6tl's are also '06 and they are junk also. I would not use a 6tl if it were new and free. I have replaced all my other trucks with wally world specials. I would like to try the group 34's . I have a simmilar problem with my 812. you turn on the master switch and then hit the start all goes dead. flip the master back and forth and it is ok. I changed the master and same thing. I think i need to rebuild the Black Box.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i use two 8Ds in the 819, my way of thinking is if two 8Ds will start a 855 in a crane, thay will start a 855 in my 819, also i paid 60 a peice for new blems

M813A1

Its Alive !!!! Thanks to everyone for the input about my starting problem !!! After a lot of troubleshooting and lifting it came down to the batteries going bad !! Thanks to Warthog for his help and his batteries I am borrowing , Big Green is running again !! Thanks Again to All !!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks