• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M811 throttle/governor

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, the governor lever is the same as our(wreckers), and it needs to be back to run normal, and forward(adjusted manually) to run at governed speed.

Glad you figured it out.

762NATO

So, the governor lever is the same as our(wreckers), and it needs to be back to run normal, and forward(adjusted manually) to run at governed speed.

Glad you figured it out.
Thanks, and basically yeah. Looking back I should've tried doing it similar to the wreckers, but I assumed it would be different since I have a wrecker out here and its set up totally different FWIW. I guess I'm better at hands on than "book learnin" lol. Just didn't seem right to have the handle pulled all the way out to run normal, and like I said the throttle was adjusted wrong so that added another symptom that wasn't related into the mix.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
From the picture of the ip/governor looks to be different then the wrecker governor, according to my cummins PT fuel system tm, the governor looks to be a variable speed governor that is normally used to meet the requirements of machinery on which the engine must operate at a constant speed but where extremely close regulation is not necessary, this is normally used on a stationary power plant, It looks like the military used the standard ip with the maximum speed governor and added this governor to it as a auxiliary governor for the generator in the back.

The reason I did not post up on the truck use and set up question is because my cummins book only talks about adjustment for a stationary setup, I am pretty sure adjusting this for the truck would not be to bad, just configure the truck as a stationary setup for the purpose of running the rear equipment

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks