• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 Earns it's Way Home

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After picking up my M813a1 from GSA in South Mississippi I drove it about 200 miles to my parents home where it sat for months. Luck steps in my brother need to have the contents of his shop moved to just where I need to move my truck! He contributes $125 in diesel and a "military vehicle paint repair kit" German or Swiss i think and I make a six hour ride to my destination, worked for both of us!

Attachments

91W350

You have to appreciate a deal like that. I had deuce load of wood to build a deck yesterday and failed to take a photo. He gave me five dollars for fuel, but that was unnecessary. We had a pretty short hop to make. It took about three hours to sort through the wood for good boards and to deliver and unload. There was a couple of employees at the lumber yard that knew way more about deuces than I do. 8) Military trucks sure draw a crowd!

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And Patience, not as nice as it is going to be, I have a couple of gallons of paint, full winch setup, fiberglass troop seats, bows and a new cargo cover, it will be standing tall!