• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 engine oil in brake air tanks

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, it truly is early! The plastic washer lookin' thing is the oil slinger. If it is not installed, you will have a leak at the front.

181236 is the ORIGINAL p/n for the slinger, 124239 a bit newer and 3200287 is an even newer number.

timgc78

That's good advice. Before I pulled the accessory drive. I pulled the pulley, then took out the timing plug and barred the engine until the timing marks on the cam and accessory gear lined up.
I noticed that the air compressor was on TDC with the timing marks meshed as I had the head off the pump to inspect the cylinder bore.
I also would like to find the part # for the plastic washer That's goes on the accessory drive shaft before the accessory drive pulley.
It fits between the seated pulley and the bushing in the
Wow, it truly is early! The plastic washer lookin' thing is the oil slinger. If it is not installed, you will have a leak at the front.

181236 is the ORIGINAL p/n for the slinger, 124239 a bit newer and 3200287 is an even newer number.
I'm curious if the engine and truck are original to each other. Is there a way to use the trucks serial # to date the truck? The air compressor housing is marked 3/12/70

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter

timgc78

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m not sure if an XM truck would be in there? If so, I would think it would be one of the lowest serials in 1969 or 1970 if not a special serial number. You might also look for clues that it started life as an M54, IIRC there where a few M39 series, reset, or converted over to M809 series… You might want to post the question with some photos in @CARNAC thread, I’m sure someone with a lot more knowledge and memory of the X trucks will chime in there.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cummins changed from 6 digit S/N to 8 digit somewhere in 70/71 years IIRC

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks