• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 from Pine Bluff AR to OKC

metal tech

I'd rather have it trailered here than attempt to drive it, maybe less to go wrong. I will be there during pickup to put some fresh batteries, fuel and a general insp. ? if someone has a place close and can short term store it while the brakes and other systems are ops ck'd that is an option I'd consider.

Al

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be at White Hall on Friday.

Maybe Combst32 might let you park it at his house for a while. He I near Ft Smith.

Welder Sam

theres a few of us in central arkansas if ya need a place to store it. at my location is enough tools and equipment to do just about anything plus 3 acres of yard. welcome to it if ya want brother

ARYankee

I work on the Arsenal. If it is the 813 there, I know exactly where it is and can assist with whatever. I'm pretty sure that it runs. I believe it used to be the one they had on the ready for a chemical agent snafu there. It had some decon equipment mounted in the back. I'm there Monday thru Thursday this week and next week after next week I'm unemployed but I can still get onto the Arsenal :) I can go out there on Friday if need be.

ARYankee

I'll be at White Hall on Friday.

Maybe Combst32 might let you park it at his house for a while. He is near Ft Smith.
What time are you going to be out there? Do you need any help? Also if you have time would you like to meet up for lunch or something? I'm off Friday so I have the whole day :)

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm picking up a couple of the carports. It will take a few hours to disassemble them.

Help is always welcome. Scheduled for a 6:30 meeting with Sherman

ARYankee

Well I'll bring some tools with me then and give you a hand :) I assume you guys are meeting at the Plainview Gate (Main Gate). Be careful if you are coming down I-530. Starting at Exit 15 going South until just passed Exit 24 there is construction and they have turned it into one lane with those concrete barriers. There have been a few State Police hiding out around there.

ARYankee

I'd rather have it trailered here than attempt to drive it, maybe less to go wrong. I will be there during pickup to put some fresh batteries, fuel and a general insp. ? if someone has a place close and can short term store it while the brakes and other systems are ops ck'd that is an option I'd consider.

Al
Since Sherman is going to be out there this Friday with Warthog and that 813 is in a locked fenced area, I can see about doing some recon on it for you. If need be I could even recover it for you and stash it at my house if you are in a bind and need it moved.

metal tech

Warthog & ARYankee, I greatly appreciate the assist. The GL ad had that it started with a jump and no mention of any other mechanical issues. It is the 813 w/o the tailgate on the bed and I remember seeing holes in the bed for equipment mounting. I'd prefer to have someone pick it up then I/we could go thru the brakes, fuel system, ect so I could drive it back. I have already got 2 new batteries, gp 65's same as I use on my 01 Ram for easy spares. I'll call Sherman today and ask a few other Q's and I'll post back later today. The Friday recon is a definate go,if you have time. Big Thanks, Al

ARYankee

Warthog & ARYankee, I greatly appreciate the assist. The GL ad had that it started with a jump and no mention of any other mechanical issues. It is the 813 w/o the tailgate on the bed and I remember seeing holes in the bed for equipment mounting. I'd prefer to have someone pick it up then I/we could go thru the brakes, fuel system, ect so I could drive it back. I have already got 2 new batteries, gp 65's same as I use on my 01 Ram for easy spares. I'll call Sherman today and ask a few other Q's and I'll post back later today. The Friday recon is a definate go,if you have time. Big Thanks, Al

No problem. Just let me know what you decide. Like I said I can pick it up for you and hold it at the house and we can check it over.

ARYankee

I'll be meeting up with Warthog @ 6:30am to give him some help. I'm bringing one of my assistants with me so he can operate some tools :) I'll either take a look at it then or after we are done. It will depend on what Sherman says. I'll PM you the sitrep.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Flat towing is pretty easy with a five ton, if you have another 5 ton to do the pulling? If all else fails I have six secure acres in Russellville to at least store it.
James

metal tech

I appologize for not responding sooner. Doc started me a new medication and we didn't get along very well. It's good to hear I didn't buy a parts truck. ARYankee I sent you a PM, Thanks, Al

ARYankee

It has been recovered and secured at The Thibeau Depot :driver:
I'll post up some pictures tomorrow when I take some. I didn't think to make sure the camera had good batteries when I left the house so when I went to take pictures of it at the Arsenal, they were dead. :doh:

It was another good recovery, mostly uneventful. I did meet a Vietnam vet at a gas station and talked to him for quite a while. I thanked him for his service and invited him to a couple of events coming up that I'll have some MVs in.

metal tech

I want to thank everyone who responded to my request, Thank You. It's a good feeling that words like tow truck, scrap yard closed already, sock in the fuel tank wouldn't light, are not in the email from the guy recovering your truck. Now the real fun begins. Hats off to TJ.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks