• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 Leaving me stranded

Shirehorse

The oil pressure gauge is NOT a mechanical but a electric one with a sender, this sender also sends a circuit to the pcb start relay which it opens, preventing starting when the engine is running.
Both my M816 and EC's XM813 have mechanical oil pressure gauges. They both have the copper line that runs from the gauge all the way to the lower left side of the block. No senders present.

However, one is a 1970 and the other is January of 1971. The other two M809s I've seen have had electronic senders, but they were a few years newer than mine.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Both my M816 and EC's XM813 have mechanical oil pressure gauges. They both have the copper line that runs from the gauge all the way to the lower left side of the block. No senders present.

However, one is a 1970 and the other is January of 1971. The other two M809s I've seen have had electronic senders, but they were a few years newer than mine.
Stock is electronic, the mechanical is added by previous owners, NOT stock, the same gauges and senders are used from 52 to the present (939).

Last edited: