• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 no 6x6 slipping help

zxmedic

So I've read all the tm and not much I can find about this problem under no load front drive shaft spins drives the front wheels .Today I wanted to make sure the front axle was engaging this is what is noted as you load up the drive line the front drive shaft starts to turn moves about a half an inch then slips back wheels are spinning in the back when I shift you can hear the air for the sprag as I believe it should I've tried it in high range and low range back off and start moving again the front drive line starts to load up moves about half an inch then slips the wheel does the same . Any ideas. There are no obnoxious noises .no grinding nothing

uploadfromtaptalk1403716041798.jpg

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could drain the transfer case, fill it with diesel and drive it 50 miles, drain the diesel, fill with the proper oil and try it again.

The front wheels only have power when the rear wheels slip, not when you are driving. That's the Sprag. ;-)

zxmedic

I parked the truck against a tree started to spin the rear wheels back off then started again the drive shaft and left front tire starts to spin but only rotates about an inch then stops even though the rears are still spinning .. oil is new .. you think sprag slipping ?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like it might be. But unless you break something it's that Sprag most of the time. The diesel "cleans" them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks