• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 oil capacity

Blythewoodjoe

Well I changed the oil in my M813 this past weekend and something is not right. I installed one of the spin on filter adapters from fleetgard. I put 5 gallons in the engine and ran it a minute. I figured I would need to add a least another gallon but it is at the top of the "H" mark. The book says it should take 23 quarts without a filter change and 27 with one. So even if I had not did anything with the filter, 20 quarts is almost a gallon low. Do I have enough in it? Is my dipstick not right? The new spin on filter should be close to the capacity of the old one. It's not that much smaller than the old canister.

Recap: I removed all old oil (I think, only one drain?) and refilled engine with new spin on filter with only 20 quarts. Is that too little?

Joe The confussed

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks