• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 on obstacle course

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have ever seen old videos of the Belgian block course at Aberdeen Proving Ground, you will understand how this truck can perform like this. During trials, trucks have to take this kind of abuse with 5 tons in the bed.

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have ever seen old videos of the Belgian block course at Aberdeen Proving Ground, you will understand how this truck can perform like this. During trials, trucks have to take this kind of abuse with 5 tons in the bed.
I haven't seen those videos but I would love to watch them. Can they be found on YouTube?

Reactions: HDN

71DeuceAK

My M813 gets call a deuce and a half all the time. I'll politely correct them with " it's a five ton". Then they say, 'what's a five ton?" It is amazing what these trucks were designed to accomplish. It was the driver that is the limiting factor.
You just described it perfectly. The trucks are tougher than their operators.

• Haha
Reactions: HDN

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
At least the driver didn't get squished! I know of a few flipped trucks like that which killed their occupants.

That's a nice M813 - hope it gets fixed up or goes somewhere better!
Agreed!

Also agree with the comment from the second post in 2018 that the guy needs to be choked for treating that truck like that. Yeah, impressive to see but short of me being shot at - I wouldn't treat my truck like that.

Picture below is from 2018 @ the Clark County Fair

1660500167733.png

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks