• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 only front axle is engaging in mud?

pr0l1f1c

The front axle should get locked by a sprag when the rear two spin, right?

I'm in a very shallow mud (can stand in it with flip flops!) I put it in low reverse, and very slowly release the clutch to find the rear 2 axles slowly begin to move (not slip) but the power gets dumped into the front axle, the rear ones stop moving!

I'm going to go get chains and wood tommorow, the tires are the old mil surplus non directional 20-11 tires with doubles in the rear. I'm not new to these trucks but I am new to off roading/overlanding, any advice or scolding is appreciated

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What you are describing is impossible, the T138 is direct-coupled to the rear bogie when in high or low range.

pr0l1f1c

I thought the same, I’m going to take a video when there is daylight out. It must be some kind of mechanical failure (transfer case?) but I can’t really imagine what else it would be

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks