• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 Recovery Problem! Help

cornrichard

If the battery in your gps is toast duct tape two 6 volt lantern batteries together. Solder a wire between the positive and negative just like putting truck batteries in series for 24 volts. Attach a cheep cigar lighter to the batteries and you have instant 12v gps power for your recovery trip. I put one of these together about a year ago and it is still working in my 24 volt vehicles.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the truck, drives good and is going to look great in three color camo with a winch and level winder on it(new in 2011! I just need to get some good weather after Christmas to drive it the 300 miles to my cabin! I really like driving it with the top off, just have to pick the right day for the drive, 60 degrees or above!

Last edited:

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really like the 5 Tons, along with the M543 and the 818 I intend putting them back to full stock, the M543 to it's original shade and the other two are going three color, I am also adding winches and level winders two the two without. I still need a tensioner and propeller shaft for one winch. A lot to do this winter, and all outside, but it's pretty mild in Arkansas.
As for the Florida trucks Mississippi Forestry needed 5 tons Florida, Fort Blanding, was the closest, but these trucks were under the old federal lease program, where the feds kept title, with the new program where the Fire Departments get to sell them later and keep the cash no one wanted them, so up for sale they went.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks