• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m813 speedometer

monstertruck287

My speedometer never worked since i got the truck. The cable is turning if i pull it from the back of the speedo and drive. I removed the speedo and notice the cable has a square end, but the speedo has a round hole. Is the hole supossed to be square? That would make sense to me. I tried searching pictures and so on with no luck being able to see if it should be square. Also if i put the speedo on a drill it does work. I need to show some miles to pass state inspection. Anybody know if it should be square?

dmetalmiki

You will probably have noted that the hole is actually square further down into the recces, But, odds are your (only just) too short cable is not reaching down there. We have encounted that problem from time to time, Re-route the cable or (as I have done many times) shorten the outer, which is a pain. good luck with it and keep us informed of the fix.

monstertruck287

As far as i can tell it is round to the bottom. It looks like there may be a very slight square indent in the bottom. I am going to try to put a little jb weld in the hole and reinstall the cable. If that fails I guess I will by a new speedo. It only reads 3042 miles.

monstertruck287

Upon further inspection, I notice the cable only goes into the speedo as far as the screwdriver tip. i pushed it in hard and something popped and it now goes in fully and engages. It appears to be worn on that same spot, so it must have been like this for a long time.

Attachments