• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 super single question

Blythewoodjoe

I am now confused. I have read in the past here that with a 5 ton with the super singles you don't need to flip your hubs. I assumed this meant that they will track right with these wheels. Well I was looking my M818 over and noticed the front wheels are well inside the outer edge of the front fender and that the back wheels are much farther out. So I went over to my M813 that, as far as I know, was singled out by the Marines, and did some measuring. I measured the INSIDE of the front tires. From tire to tire they were 4 inches closer than the rear tires. That means they don't track right, right? Am I missing something? I thought you needed the rear tires to follow the front tires. I have what I think most people consider the 900 series wheels on this M813. Would hemmit wheels track better? Like I said, I'm very confused right now.

Joe

Westech

CPL
umm.... why would different rims change anything? the spacing of the hub flange is what counts.
You do NOT have to flip the hubs.. its the owners choice. I like the look of flipped.

Who cares if it tracks a little different. It is not like the tires track the same if it has duals.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
........................................Would hemmit wheels track better?......
I say yes, since they have about 1" less backspace than the 5ton 20x10" combat wheels.
In your case that would add two inches between front tires and substract two, between rears. (with rear hubs remaining unflipped & rear wheels dished out)

G.

M813A1

Yes you are correct there is a small difference between the front and back tire when super single are used with HEMTT rims !! And if you do not flip the hubs it is the owners choice to flip the hubs or not !! I had 1400XR20 on my M813A1 and yes I got about 8 miles per hour faster, but the bad thing is while pulling a large trailer ( M871 with a dolly ) I lost most of the pull power OF THE nhc250 Cummins with the larger 48 " tre !! I think a set of 1200XR20 would be a better choice of pulling power and road speed with the 44" tire instead of the 48" inch tire !!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks