• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 W/W, 16.00-20s, & HEMTT RIMS

dm22630

I just got done w/my M813 upgrade....

M813 W/W
16.00-20 Michelin XZLs
2 piece HEMTT rims

:mrgreen:

Meet my truck....."Chuck Norris".

I flipped the rear hubs. It was a HUGE PITA!!!! I would not recommend it to anyone!

I scraped off all the loose paint chips w/a putty knife & went over it once w/camo rustoleum spraypaint from Walmart. It used about 20 cans (including flat black for the rims) & cost me about $100.

The truck drives great! It has tons of power & I am getting a lot more speed (GPS) out of each gear. I havent been out of 4th yet......but I was up to 50mph & not redlined. The tires do NOT rub on the front or rear. (I havent been offroad yet....so they may.....if so, I will move the mudflaps).

Here are some pics.

Attachments

Looks Great!

A few questions since I haven't tried using our two piece rims yet.

Did you just use the bud caps on the front to extend the studs?

Did you have to flip the hubs in the rear? If the rims were flipped did the tires rub?

Thanks,
Andy

dm22630

Looks Great!

A few questions since I haven't tried using our two piece rims yet.

Did you just use the bud caps on the front to extend the studs?

Did you have to flip the hubs in the rear? If the rims were flipped did the tires rub?

Thanks,
Andy

I used budcaps on all 3 axles.....then attached the rims w/rear lugs.

I did flip the hubs in the rear, however, they do NOT need to be flipped. All that is needed is to flip the rim around.

I will NEVER flip 5 tons hubs again. I cannot explain how much trouble it was.

Whew! It's bad enough just putting a seal in a rear 5 ton hub!

I just grabbed a set of 12 of these rims from Columbus that I don't really need! If anybody in Ohio area needs a set give me a hollar for a GREAT price!

Andy 507-250-5288

grounded

Banned
ABOUT TIME IT GOT OFF JACKSTANDS AFTER 6 MONTHS!!!!!! rofl rofl.

NOW like Gimp said dont get stuck. I know your itching to see how it does in that yard

emr

Man U sure did one amzing job on that beutiful truck !!! I like ALL MV;s but do think the 800 series just has the look, And those tires and paint just bring it out big time...NICE!!! and thanks for the pics...Randy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks