• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m813 water pump question

SWMARTINA

Need a new water pump for my M813 as the old one is Capturea.jpg70580520_gl_large_thumb.jpgstarting to weep. My question is the tech manual shows the pump and pulley as one piece while the replacement pump I am looking at has no pulley. Is the pulley a press fit and removable from the old unit. Thanks .Bill

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes,
It all comes apart off the truck, read up on the service manual (TM) regarding the procedure to tighten the belts on re-installation.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
When you install the new pump, use a LOT OF ANTI-SEIZE on the bolts as well as the SEALING GASKET, if you do not, the sealing gasket WILL gall when you adjust the belts which in turn will cause a leak and the ONLY way to fix the leak is to pull the pump and start over with a NEW sealing gasket.

Last edited by a moderator:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You want to buy the pump with pulley. Very Few parts stores will press a water pump pulley on and off. The NHC250 pump can be purchased at NAPA or Oreillys within a day or two.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks