• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813

martinsaunders06

mark, are asking due to the show report in CMV magazine. ive seen that truck in person and the owners claims on his vehicle history borad its 1958 which it definately is not , i think the cummins powered 800 series began in 1969.
martin

FLYWHEEL

Hi martin iv'e also seen this truck a few times at shows in the uk, first time was about 5 or 6 years ago at the town and country show at stoneliegh and again as featured in cmv at evesham this year. i was also thrown by the owners vehicle history board stating the trucks date of manufacture, as i thought that the 800 series followed on from the m54 family of trucks, i thought that i might be wrong but your reply to my post seems to confirm this.
many thanks :p

martinsaunders06

yeah mark ive only seen it at evesham this year but thought the history board abit of wishful thinking. CMV is good magazine but is annoying when they just print things at a whim when they should know abit more about the subject or articles they are printing as many people get misled. It definately is a 813 and is most definately 1970,s being cummins/dropside and am general.. cmv ought to correct there info in next issue?
martin

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks