• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813A1 no start issue

MX922

i have a m813a1 that will not start. it started an ran when i bought it over the summer, i checked all the fluids and fuel, put a block heater an new batteries on it an will not start. it cranks fine it just seems to be lacking the fuel. Anyone who knows the fuel systems on this truck please help... if theres air in the lines how do i prime it?

P.S just a 17 year old kid that bit off more then i could chew:???:

Last edited by a moderator:

FormerNewMVGuy

Did you pump the primer handle? Did you turn on the glow plug? are following the cold weather starting procedure? If it does have air in the system, there are a bunch of different threads on how to fix the problems, Did you change the fuel filter since you've owned the truck?

Search will yield alot of info on the fuel systems in this truck, I know i fought with mine till i finally got all the bugs worked out of the fuel system, Plus they dont like the cold, But a block hearter really should help with that.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this an emergency? Is your life in danger? Stuck on the side of the road?

Do not use the "Help" title unless it is truely an emergency.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you read your operators manual it explains the basic operation of your truck. There is a section on the proper starting procedures. It also explains how to prime the fuel system.

i am working on a M818 that has the same issue. My problem is the seals in the fuel tank selector switch are shot and allowing air into the system. Your M813 doesn't have this lever.

Last edited:

MX922

Its my senior project for high school so if it doesnt start then i cant present, and if ii do t present i cant graduate. An i present monday so it kind of is an emergency

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is your emergency stop cable pulled out? Is the kill switch reset on the injector pump?

MX922

i do remember pulling the emergency stop once before not knowing what it was (typical teenager) but i pushed it back in, does that maybe have something to do with it?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Follow the cable to the top of the injector pump. Move the lever back into the proper position toward the front of the truck. Your truck should start.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We need to know if you have downloaded the tech manuals for this truck. A lot of what we will have you do is covered in the manual with pictures.

MX922

just went down to the garage and did exactly what you guys told me, it fired right up on the first crank, thank you so much for all the help.. and i downloaded the tm even before i had the truck.

rrrr

Congrats !

You really need to get into the TM's. This is so you don't do something that might be costly to repair as well as safely operate the truck.

Attachments

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought someone was going to tell him to get used to the idea of flipping burgers the rest of his life because graduation was out of the question. :)

That's why I'm afraid to let anyone work on my truck. "Hey I can stop it with this handle!!"

Glad it's running now.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Downloading is one thing, reading and understanding them is another.

I think you should have failed.

seano11

Any hot cheerleaders interested in your truck ? Ya know that bench seat can be used for more then carrying soldier b and c. Ya also have a 14 foot bed that never has to be made. Might be a good idea for prom :)