• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813A1 Not Starting

MX922

For some reason its not starting. It was 60degrees out today so the cold couldnt have affected it, all the batteries were charged and it jus wouldnt start. it will crank but theres no smoke comming out of the stack like it normally does...Whats going on??? any suggestions would help

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The fuel shut off selinoid DIED or wire broke, try turning in the thumb screw, turn to the right, this will open the selinoid without the need for power, you will need to use the emg. shut down to shut down the engine
Or a cracked fuel line causing it to SUCK AIR

Last edited:

MX922

now if i take off the filter will i have to reprime everything so theres no air in it or whats the best way to do it...im just a 17 year old kid that bit off more then i could chew with this project haha

tstone

I had a similar issue on my 818. After trouble shooting I ended up removing the fuel selection valve and replacing all of the hoses and using stainless hose clamps to help eliminate any air intrusion. This repair took me over a day but I haven't had any further problems. I also drained and flushed both tanks with solvent to remove any debris, water or sludge.
My fuel solenoid valve also failed as Ron suggested in post #3, after manually opening it with the knurled screw on the injector I primed the pump and it started after a little cranking.

Good luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks