• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813A1 pickup at Ferro's place.

AMGeneral

Well folks,

I'll be leaving early Saturday morning with the M62A1 to go pick up my M813A1 I bought back late last year.

I'll be running down I-40 to US 321,then to I-85 to I-485 to I-77 south.

Pics and maybe video will be posted Sat evening.

Attachments

AMGeneral

Made it back in one piece,trip was uneventful, the M62A1 ran great the whole trip and only burned 47 gallons of fuel in 334 miles and 2 hrs running at 1500 rpm at Ferro's place running air impacts and airing up tires.

I'll say it again,the ENDT Mack never ceases to amaze me,I never had to downshift from 5th after getting on the interstate,and was able to attain 7 MPG round trip.

The 813 looks MUCH better in person than in the pictures!

Attachments

AMGeneral

A few pictures after the M813A1 was cleaned up a bit.

It runs OK,still a bit weak,I had a small problem this afternoon on the way to work to steam it off.

The brakes began to drag a bit and then then locked solid, after draining the air pressure I quickly diagnosed it as being a air pack not exhausting completely.
Evidently the converter piston was not returning fully,a shot of penetrating oil fixed the problem.

Attachments

AMGeneral

Any plans for the truck?

As of right now,after I replace the oil cooler(figured out Friday it's pushing engine oil into the coolant) it will be for sale.

I already have one interested party,and it may be sold and delivered at the Denton rally.

I basically purchased this truck to fund the Justifier guntruck project.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks