• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813A1 vs XM813E1

DCottle

Can somebody please point me to a site that would detail the differences between the M813 series of trucks? Looked on Google for a while now with no luck.

I am wanting to determine specifically the difference between M813A1 and XM813E1 nomenclatures....

Thanks!

David

emr

Do not expect any series of trucks to follow any other series of trucks or any military equipment for that matter , to have the same meaning of numbers letters etc. it all boils down to mostly how many times they were/ are redone in either the experimental stages or through early development and rebuilds, U need to study the models and what they are and just know from experience. the military development field is alot bigger and wide spread than most realize, and there would be no way possible for them to keep a running order at all, So U need to start with david Doyles military vehicle catalog and start from there, and that is only part of it. good luck, U will learn it the longer U stick with the hobby...Randy

M813A1

Most of the time the number such as your means that the truck was build outside of the main contract !! So it is a vehicle that was produce additional to the main contracy run of that series of truck !!

ida34

XM813E1 is the pre acceptance model of of the M813A1. When full acceptance has happended they remove the X and change the E to a A. There are not X models of everymodel but if there were M35A2 would have been XM35E2 and M35A3 would have been XM35E3. When I was an armorer in the Army I got a XM16E1. This was just one of the first models after modifications had been made to the M16. The military accepted the changes for a limited initial run and when the full military acceptance was received the model number became M16A1. By necessity, there can be not changes between a XM813E1 and the M813A1 or they would need to start the acceptance process over again with an E2 with final acceptance model being an A2.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
David Doyle is our resident expert on many classes of MV's, he is also editor of MVPA's "Supply Line" magazine. He has written many books on MV's and often attends MVPA and SS events. If you are a book person I would recommend them to help identify MV's.
They are available at many of the big book stores or at some of the on-line book stores.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks