• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M814, tell me what's wrong with this picture

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My local bank has a website to sell cars, and they have a mail truck on the site
:mrgreen:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks Patracy. That is pretty neat, even if they did a poor job.

Good thing its Africa. Why can't they send them more school buses instead?!? lol
Man tough crowd here.

It's fine for it to be stock and a rusted pile of scrap iron, but these modded trucks are deemed unacceptable.

phil2968

I look at old mail jeeps all the time. None I've found were worth saving. One of the rural carriers out here had a 4x4 YJ that was RHD. I'd love to fall into that as a YJ can be built up reasonably cheap and it already has PS. Mainly want one so I can complain about the speaker being on the wrong side at the Checkers/Rallys drive thru.
Kenny, a lot of right hand drive TJ's deliver mail here in Lakeland. I see them all the time. Hard tops as well.
We still have plenty Checkers and some Hardee's also.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
They just outlawed them there in the Chicago area. It's for your own good and is a testbed for your new healthcare. You can't be trusted to no eat there for 5 meals a day for 365 days a year for 40 years. You might get fat and have a heart attack.

Now back to the right hand drive trucks and Gimps quest for pulling up in one at the drive through.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
I was on the wrong track also, thought it was a flipped image, did not noticed the other mistakes.

In Europe, its only the UK that is driving right-hand side. Africa and Asia still have a lot of countries driving "wrong". A lot of the continental European surplus trucks or old trucks also are (or at least used to be) shipped to the poorer African countries. However, they mostly do not bother with this kind of intensive rebuilding; too expensive.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just forget it, I'll not bother posting anything out of the ordinary anymore.

Edit: I had deleted the thread since everyone just wanted to bash, but I realized I was being hypocritical and restored the thread. Unfortunately I didn't save the attachments when I deleted the first time so they're gone. Oh well.

ryan77

This went from
Mv related to mail jeeps and Checkers!!! I blame my self!!

Last edited:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang it Tracy! I didn't get to see the pics due to your rash and childish behavior! lol

I would have found it interesting...

I like Rally's. There is only one around here, in Sumter near where I work(ed)

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
I downloaded the first pic to play around with it, so at least I can restore that one (if that's ok with you). I like brain puzzlers.

patracy-africa.jpg

Patracy's first image. Almost restored the flipped version as I had saved it.

jeeplvr247

That is pretty cool. I would love to have a right hand drive vehicle (preferably a MV) for the novelty of the thing but you would really have to trust your passenger before you went to pass anyone. I guess that being done to a 5-Ton solves the problem because it sits high enough you can see over the cars in front of you and they are so slow you really can't pass anyone :)