• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816 Boom Jack value?

insanejecke

OK I have looked and looked but can not seam to fine this out. The big long Boom Jack for the M816, what would a good value be on a set?

Thanks
insane

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
On oddball items like this price is subjective......a lot of wreckers were sold stripped of TO&E items so they may be hard to come by.
There may be a MV graveyard somewhere that has a ton of them laying around or they ended up on a slow boat to China when scrap prices spiked a while back. You might try calling some of the major surplus outlets (Memphis, Southeastern, etc.) to see what the market is. If you can find a set cheaper you are ahead of the game. If not you just have to grin and bear it and buy from a dealer. PM CSMDavis in MS first and see what he has laying around...he did have some wrecker stuff a while back.

vtdeucedriver

He is right about the slow boat to china. I watched a set go with the pads get scrapped. I really thought about saving them but what was I going to do with a extra set.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Its hard to say. I have only used mine once or twice. They are in the way more than helpful. I would think scrap value would be a good start and then go up from there. I have one of the "feet" or "base" and I just wanted to see it go to a good home, so Swiss and I agreed on $50. Its not much but it would be a pita to fabricate one.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to make your day

I have a set of poles and feet that came off my M543A2. I'm right down the road from you. The poles are rusty but can be pulled apart. I'll take $50 for both poles and feet.