• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816 Engine Puller

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I'm thinking one of my heavy wrecker drivers got some of WM's "special fuel elixer" and added it to the tank of one of my 50/30 heavy wreckers.
He was driving across Veteran's Parkway here in Columbus (6 lanes) and he said he heard a "Clang, bang, then BOOM"!!

Looks like a valve in #1 let go, took out another one and the two of them hammered the poop outta #1 piston/liner then proceeded to absolutely destroy the valve chamberaua

Anyhoo...decided to do an "out of frame" rebuild for several reasons and of course when troy was ready to pull the 3406B outta the Peterbilt, all the other wreckers were busy (THANK GOD).

Fired up the ole reliable M816 and made short work of the engine extraction.

And no Clinto, you and Dawn can't have the M816 when we are done!!:p

Attachments

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
And no Clinto, you and Dawn can't have the M816 when we are done!!:p
You're lucky-when I saw the thread title, my first thought was "Oh man, clintogf is going to be peeved when she finds out CAMO blew up her wrecker!"

rofl

You guys should work out a deal-she has a yard full of deuces........ maybe a "2 for 1" swap.

:p

1crook

Actually, I think that I could go for a CCKW or a Dodge WC if you have one of those there PB. Clinto is the one that really has his heart set on the wrecker and keeps trying to convince me that "we" need one.

Too bad about your other wrecker, but it is good that the M816 was there to provide support when needed.

dittle

Hey, if we pulled the power pack out of a M60A3 with a M816 it had better be able to lift that small kitty CAT out of a truck. If not, you need to scrap it.....to my ownership :p

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would think with all the $$$$ you're making (with all those wreckers being busy), you could afford to buy your dog a real bed.

:)

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:ditto:on the bed thoughts. poor ol bear had to find a hard planter to snooze in. the wrecker earns its keep all the time. clinto needs one too dawn. you just dont know how handy they are. sorry about the bad luck on the engine but the camo group will get it up and running soonfat lady sings

1crook

:ditto:on the bed thoughts. poor ol bear had to find a hard planter to snooze in. the wrecker earns its keep all the time. clinto needs one too dawn. you just dont know how handy they are. sorry about the bad luck on the engine but the camo group will get it up and running soonfat lady sings

Actually Tim, Clinto doesn't really need a wrecker. The stuff that needs to be picked up around here isn't that heavy. He usually enlists me as soldier b when needed to pick stuff up (about to have to pick up a battery box with 6tl's in it, grrrrrrr). I can see him out in the yard trying to break stuff that is too heavy to lift just to justify purchasing one though. aua

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
What I need is a wrecker.

What I desperately need is a DUKW.

Work on it. 8)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Larry, I'm surprised you didn't use the crane thingy. Bjorn dropped the engine in my wee lil wrecker with his crane thingy and it worked great. I needs a crane thingy.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
We need one, if I have to pull a engine, I know my soldier"b" is stronger than she looks but, we need a wrecker. That and she just wants one:D

goldneagle

What I need is a wrecker.

What I desperately need is a DUKW.

Work on it. 8)
What you really need to do is have your head examined. Don't ask these guys for advise on weather to purchase more stuff. They will always steer you wrong. Like one addict to another advise.

poppop

We need one, if I have to pull a engine, I know my soldier"b" is stronger than she looks but, we need a wrecker. That and she just wants one:D

If the little Lady wants a wrecker by dingy you need to get busy and find her one. With that extra weight I but she can make it up some of those hills she has been sliding back down.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
What you really need to do is have your head examined. Don't ask these guys for advise on weather to purchase more stuff. They will always steer you wrong. Like one addict to another advise.
I wasn't asking for advice, I have decided to feed the sickness.

Nonotagain

Looks like the Aluminum monster must have been hungry.

How many miles were on the 3406 PB?

Oh, and it really hurts to have to tow one of your own in doesn't it?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Looks like the Aluminum monster must have been hungry.
How many miles were on the 3406 PB?
Oh, and it really hurts to have to tow one of your own in doesn't it?
Actually not many since last inframe...maybe 150K...BUT the head was not recon'd etc. Sent it to MS to my ex partner's shop, and no...I don't blame them. Chit just happens sometimes.aua

And yes, it REALLY hurts watching your own truck come in on the hooks!aua

mdmorganwife

If the little Lady wants a wrecker by dingy you need to get busy and find her one. With that extra weight I but she can make it up some of those hills she has been sliding back down.
:ditto:
Yeah Honey, and if someone breaks down or gets stuck we can haul them off the trails and back to camp:p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks