• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816 info and picture needed

Jersey4x4

So I just picked up an 816 wrecker and need some info. What exactly does the air cylinder do on the injection pump? and are the front glad hands directional? nothing comes out of them ever! Also I need a good picture of the top of the boom to show the brackets for the sand spades, the gov cut them off to fit it in something and I see where they were but have no idea what the look like. And lastly, where does the tow bar get stowed? I dont think it just sits on the bed does it? Thanks

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The air cyl is for the throttel in the back of the crane. When you use the rear control the outher Govener ( top of PT) kicks in and only lets the motor go to 1500 rpm and holds it there under load if I rember correct. If you leave the pumps running and try to drive the truck it still will only go to 1500rpm. Ask me how I know.:driver:

Last edited:

R Racing

The front Glad hands have a valve so if your not using them they wont leak . The service 1 if I remember correctly can be used to run air tools and inflate tires. I believe mine maybe missing the same bracket. :-? Congradulations on the new Wrecker :beer: Oh and the Towbar will fitt in either 1 of the 2 storage boxes behind the cab in the floor .

Attachments

KsM715

The glad hands on the front are used for when that wrecker needs to be towed. They have one way valves in them IIRC. They should not have any air coming out of them.

jimmcld

I don't think any two trucks have the spades mounted in the same spot. If you look at some pictures, you see them mounted every way possible. I believe the government just layed them in the bed. There is a diagram in the TM showing where everything goes. The tow bar just lays in the back right hand side of the bed. If you have all the tools, you will start putting things anywhere you can find room. With all the storage on a M816, there is still not enough room for everything unless you just stuff it in, and, as always, anything you want is going to be under 200lbs of something else.

Jersey4x4

Cool, Thanks to all for the reply's I have seen a few pictures but none of them look right or make any sense of how they were mounted. The pics above look to be more user friendly and in a lower position for height restriction problems. I found one other where they had them on top and on pins with a T Nut and a U shaped bracket holding them on the top of the boom but that did not look tight enough to not rattle. Good start though. I was trying to keep the stuff off the bed if possible since the truck is going to be kept outside and will be a working truck. I did just post another about the engine fan and maybe a jake brake but will keep the post over there. I got the gov to work yesterday, still sounds like it is over reving but that **** fan is so loud. Also need an Idiot light for the parking brake, I just keep forgetting about that thing. Does anyone know where to get the TM for just the Cummins? I have all the other books but cant find an engine manual. Thanks for the help so far

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks