• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816 & M813 score!!

5tondeuce

I bought a couple of trucks today. Where I live it was quite a find. One is an M816 wrecker that appears to be complete and unmolested and the other is an M813 with a custom wrecker in the bed with a 50,000# winch. all ten tires on the wrecker are new and a few on the cargo truck tires are new. I paid $3700 for both trucks so I am very pleased.
I will paint both truck green of course.
What do you guys think of the custom wrecker in the M813, should I leave it the way it is or put the truck back the way it was when it was new.
Thanks
Chris

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
more pics of the 813 please, 3700-- are the cops looking for this iron

Last edited:

5tondeuce

more pics of the 813 please, 3700-- are the cops looking for this iron
I bought and paid for the trucks today but will not have them home for a few weeks. They are both about 1-1/2 hours away. I will definetly take more pics when they arrive
Chris
P.S. The family wanted to get rid of the trucks since the ladies husband died

5tondeuce

Thats a steal! Congrats! I too am looking at a wrecker in that ball park but two trucks? :p
I almost felt guilty. I couple of years ago they wanted $10,000 for the trucks but they were not having any luck selling them. My brother works for a trucking company that moves large items such as windmills and travels around alot. He saw them last night and I went and bought them today. Around where I live wreckers are very rare.

joeM62

You can't get a better deal than that. Still like to see pics of the M813 with the custom wrecker bed
and 816 has the operators cab off a 246 or 819 thats even better.

Welder Sam

Chris, the 813 in its current configuration is awesome. However, in relation to your question, ya gotta ask yourself, which configuration would best serve your needs/wants?

Thats an awesome find and buy. Im a bit jealous!

5tondeuce

You can't get a better deal than that. Still like to see pics of the M813 with the custom wrecker bed
and 816 has the operators cab off a 246 or 819 thats even better.
Actually the operators cab is a stock M816 cab customized by the previous owner, It has double doors off a school bus, Nice job
The Pics of the 813 will come as soon as I get it home

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm searching high and low for a wrecker. I've got one "nice" one they want $6500 for. But that's only because it's in driving order. I found another one for $4000, but there's some distance between us and needs work.

5tondeuce

Chris, the 813 in its current configuration is awesome. However, in relation to your question, ya gotta ask yourself, which configuration would best serve your needs/wants?

Thats an awesome find and buy. Im a bit jealous!
Thanks for the comment, I think the M816 with the rotating boom will serve my purposes the best and it's pretty looking too.
Thanks

5tondeuce

I'm searching high and low for a wrecker. I've got one "nice" one they want $6500 for. But that's only because it's in driving order. I found another one for $4000, but there's some distance between us and needs work.
I honestly thought I would never own a wrecker because of my location, so
I do feel pretty lucky and deals like this never seem to happen to me.
Both those prices you have are still pretty darn cheap for a wrecker.
I think sometimes we all forget what the trucks cost new. They are quite a piece of machinery for the price
Thanks\Chris