• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816 Paint Color

McCrackin

We've had a new arrival here...1970 XM816 Wrecker with 1800 hours on it, this thing is a monster. It came out of PA. Not really any serious rust on it, it's been painted several times. I plan on cleaning it up and re-painting it, in order to bring it back to it's former glory.

Anyone know what the correct paint color is ? (I was thinking 383 green)

Only damage was the loss of the orange globe on one of the emergency lights, fell off on I95 near Jacksonville, if anyone finds it let me know...lol

Anyone have any links to some Technical Manuals for this model ?

Attachments

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need a hooker SO BAD!!!

lol Nice trucks and I love G177 I have on my wife's deuce.

383 would look nice but so would OD semi gloss.

waayfast

Well,since that is a wrecker and they tend to have lots of hydraulics (and lots of hydraulics leaks) if it were mine I would think about the semi- gloss like 24087.Seems like it would clean up a lot easier than a lusterless which would forever show smudges after an oil leak. With a lusterless your new paint wouldn't look new very long I'm thinking.

Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks